Menu

What is your personality type? & Questions

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

1. What is your personality type?

2. What is/was your career?

3. Did you feel it is/was a good fit? If not, why?

:)

1. INFJ - not on this test, but others. Seems rather accurate.....

2. I've basically always been a SAHM. I had jobs - but not a career

3. If you consider the SAHM and home school mom thing my career.... well - no. Not really. It has been rather hard for me, but I am aware of my issues and work around them.

Edited by SailorMom

INFP -- this is interesting to me b/c it's the SAME result I got (several hundreed years ago) in college.

My major and first career was Deaf Ed. and I was a teacher for a few years. No, it was absolutely not a good fit. I like teaching but I always hated everything that went along with it.

I love my current careers of homeschooling mom and sign language interpreter.

1. INFJ (I am married to an INTP)

2. Four major careers so far:

a. video/film production

b. owned own desktop publishing (graphic design/layout) business

c. mom

d. homeschooler (teacher, researcher, administrator, mentor, counselor...)

3. Yes to all 4 careers! :)

I did some career counseling at age 24, and still have my material, and it is still very valid. Since then, I have looked for jobs that "fill my cup" based on my personality (INFJ) and Holland Code interests: Investigative/Artistic (work solo; research/put together information; write; given just a general outline of what needs to happen so I get to input creatively) -- with big side helpings of Realistic (work with hands/be outside) and Social (help others, esp. teaching).

BONUS answer:

Now with DC graduated from homeschooling, I am working on writing curriculum, teaching co-op classes, and considering putting together education videos -- all my favorites interests, and all my favored ways of working!

Edited by Lori D.

I'm an INFJ which is sometimes described as "Counselor/Idealist" http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/counselor.asp My training/MA degrees are in Counseling & Theology, and my ideal/dream job is church-based counseling in various forms.... so a pretty close fit. :) Description: Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential.

Obviously, I can do that anywhere- people come out of the woodwork and I'm able to do so much outside of the 'professional counseling' designation ;) I'm currently employed in an unrelated pencil pushing/pay the bills job...and its fine. :) I've held various jobs, but the only one I"d consider a career was when my DH was a pastor and I was unpaid but functioned 100% from my personality/gifting. I'm a 'people helper' at core- that can be expressed thru a variety of situations.

ENFP

I used to be a Secretary. I didn't like it much, not adventurous enough and not enough challenge. So, I started a business, a print shop. This gave me enough challenge, then came along the baby, lots and lots of challenge (maybe too much). A few years later we had 3 more kids and were homeschooling on top of the business administration I was still in charge of, and we also host 2-3 international students in our home and lots of parties. I think I'm maxed out on challenge, adventure, and satisfying life experiences. I also just became an Orthodox Christian which presents lots of adventure and challenge.

I think all these things fit my personality quite well. I need lots and lots to keep my curiosity challenged, and I have plenty on my plate right now.

I took it twice and I also scored INFJ. So, the N and the F are for sure, the other two vary based on my mood, I guess. LOL! I think I'm naturally introverted, but because I homeschool I really need more social interaction than what I get, so I crave it, and that shows up as Extrovert. Both types fit well into Education and Social Work, so there you have it, homeschooling mom! :D

Edited by JenniferB

Another INTJ here.

So we homeschoolers may be of differing income levels, have varied BMI, and make our homes in cities and countryside, but in the end, we are not so different after all. ;)

It is funny because NT women are only a tiny percentage of the general population, but we have a ton of them here. There have been past polls and threads on this which show the same.

1. INFP or J (Both P and J are strong for me.)

2. I was originally in publishing doing administrative management, proofreading, editing, and writing.

I strongly considered being a lawyer.

I strongly considered being a high school English teacher. I have spent the last several years teaching small groups of homeschoolers high school writing and literature.

I strongly considered being a Bible teacher. I spent years directing church children's programs and teaching Bible classes (more academic than the typical church Bible study, though I have also done " normal" church Bible studies).

3. Publishing was a good fit. I like writing and editing, and I also do well leading teams. A lot of editors are introverts and the work can easily be done alone in a quiet office or even at home, so those aspects of the job suited me as well. What I didn't like were the office politics and the compromises that were made for sales. I hated rewriting the poor writing that we chose to publish for big name authors and hated publishing smarmy religious cr@p that was supposedly "for Christ" but was really for pure profit. If I were to return to the field, I would likely remain freelance so that I could have the best of the writing and editing and solitude without the office politics and marketing decisions.

I would have made a good lawyer, but I think it would have killed me. The administration, hyper-focus on details and accuracy, and the argumentation would have fit my skills. I could have been a lawyer for a cause rather than a profit to fit my need for my work to have meaning. However, I think playing the game would have sucked my soul dry.

The best fit so far has been teaching. I get all the reading and writing that I love, and I get to lead teams of people. I get a real buzz from leading class discussions, and I like the coaching aspect of teaching.

I enjoy teaching Bible, and I have enjoyed managing church programs. However, dealing with church bureaucracy makes me insane. I don't think I could ever work for a church for a salary because I would hate to be tethered to the bureaucracy.