Menu

I bought my first Apple product last month, now I'm thinking about a MacBook, help!

I am loving my ipad, my DH loves his ipod touch, and another computer crashed today. :banghead: I knew this was coming, and fate says it's always at the worst time. I have never had a MacBook. We have had Dell, Compaq, and Gateway so far. The Compaq's were cheap and did what I needed them to do for five years. The Dell was a gift and lasted four years or so. My Gateway is less than 2 years old but has never been right. I love the 17" screen and the number keypad.

Please tell me about MacBook. What won't run on a Mac? Does the smaller screen bother you? Tell me the difference between and Air and a Pro please? I'm debating refurbished if I go with a MacBook so that will make a little difference. Any big cons I'm not aware of? TIA!

Edited by melmichigan

I am loving my ipad, my DH loves his ipod touch, and another computer crashed today. :banghead: I knew this was coming, and fate says it's always at the worst time. I have never had a MacBook. We have had Dell, Compaq, and Gateway so far. The Compaq's were cheap and did what I needed them to do for five years. The Dell was a gift and lasted four years or so. My Gateway is less than 2 years old but has never been right. I love the 17" screen and the number keypad.

Please tell me about MacBook. What won't run on a Mac? Does the smaller screen bother you? Tell me the difference between and Air and a Pro please? I'm debating refurbished if I go with a MacBook so that will make a little difference. Any big cons I'm not aware of? TIA!

I won't pretend to know anything, but our family switched entirely to Mac this year. I'm typing on my new MacBook Air right now :) I love Mac. Everything seems easy (although at first it's like being in a foreign country) and everything works. I am very glad we switched.

Anyone have an all-in-one? That would give me a bigger screen without extra cost. Would it make sense to use one at the kitchen table and have to move it for dinner? Or to have set up on the end of the counter? All our schooling happens around the kitchen. Is it best to buck up and get a larger screen MacBook?

I have a 15" MacBook Pro. The screen size seems fine to me. Dh has a 17" MBP because he's a graphic designer and needs the bigger screen. I bought it refurbished last year; it's a 2008 model. Works great.

I bought mine at a place that specializes in refurbishing and selling used Macs, both desktop and laptop. Maybe there's a place like that near you.

Wendi

Anyone have an all-in-one? That would give me a bigger screen without extra cost. Would it make sense to use one at the kitchen table and have to move it for dinner? Or to have set up on the end of the counter? All our schooling happens around the kitchen. Is it best to buck up and get a larger screen MacBook?

We have an iMac large screen, it is almost five years old, dh uses the heck out of it, and no problems.

Ds has the lowest macbook (not pro, the white one) he used it all four years of college, not one problem, still going strong.

We have the lowest macbook pro, one repair (CD/DVD drive failed), we had Apple Care, so it was covered. It happened just after a year, so it was a good thing we had Apple Care.

Laptops take more abuse since they are carried around. The large screen of the iMac is cool.

Dd just got a 13" pro for college, she needs pro to put graphics software on and for photography.