Menu

Homeschool grammar?

Beans27

My 5th grader has always had speech issues. I think she had apraxia though the ps doesn't diagose. This is our first year hs.

She qualifies for speech thru the sd 1x30mins a week. Her artic is fine at this point. It's more a grammar issue.

She'll add -ed to the end of any word to make it past tense. Ex. Runed instead of saying ran. She will also add ed to a word that alredy has ed. Ex playeded.

She doesn't write it like this, just says it like this.

Have you gone to Linguisystems or Super Duper to get some games or activities to work on this? My ds with verbal apraxia has grammar errors my dd never had. I think it's just a matter of the brain trying to think and process so many things at once (motor control and thoughts and grammar and...).

Have you gone to Linguisystems or Super Duper to get some games or activities to work on this? My ds with verbal apraxia has grammar errors my dd never had. I think it's just a matter of the brain trying to think and process so many things at once (motor control and thoughts and grammar and...).

Thanks for the info. I will definitely check those out!

My 14 yr old ds was diagnosed with apraxia as a preschooler. My dd was-is so much worse. I asked her speech teacher she had at school if she had apraxia and she said most likely, based on her speech now.

She has come so far though. Just last year she was still saying "her is" or "him is". Stuff like that.