Menu

Do you get TV programming thru XBox Live, Roku, etc?

I'm thinking of cutting our family off from satellite TV. Honestly, the biggest sticking point has been the possibility of giving up live college football. Does anyone here get their programming primarily thru an alternative source and how is the sports coverage? Can you get certain games?

We watch our tv through the Xbox. The only way we get to watch football is with an anntena, and unfortunately, anntenas do not pick up any ESPN or the NFL channel so we miss out on Thursday and Monday games. I don't know what channels college football comes on, but if it's not a basic channel, you may not get it with an anntena. Things like Netflix, Hulu, and amazon don't show live tv.

Do you not get live college football on the major networks? Dh watches his team on the regular NBC or CBS or whatever channel through an antenna.

I can....it's just that the team I follow isn't often on the major networks. I was hoping there was a way to get live ESPN or FoxDirectional thru XBox360 or Playstation. We're likely changing regardless, but I was just wondering what trustworthy reviews I could get here.

We were thinking of going with the XBox Gold package + Netflix which should run us less than $20/mo. if i've done my research correctly. Is there a different alternative?

Thanks for the responses.

I can....it's just that the team I follow isn't often on the major networks. I was hoping there was a way to get live ESPN or FoxDirectional thru XBox360 or Playstation. We're likely changing regardless, but I was just wondering what trustworthy reviews I could get here.

We were thinking of going with the XBox Gold package + Netflix which should run us less than $20/mo. if i've done my research correctly. Is there a different alternative?

Maybe you can go to a friend's house to watch the games. ;)

The cheapest place to get a Live subscription is to purchase a 12 month card from amazon. This works out to just over $4 a month. Or sometimes Xbox will run a promotion for a 12 month subscription for even cheaper. Netflix instant is $8 a month, so it should run you just a few cents over $12 a month.

Dh's team isn't always on the major networks either, so I do feel your pain, but the major games or if they are playing someone local here, he can get.

If you are heavily into sports, this may not work as well for you.

I do know people who only get cable during football season!

My husband isn't too into it though so we are fine without it.

Dawn