Menu

I need to take a meal to an elderly couple and need recommendations

lynn

An older couple we visit once in a while, the wife just had surgery and dh asked me if we could bring them a meal. I don't know what to bring, my go to is baked ziti, green salad and fresh Italian bread. However, this lady is italian and cooks amazing italian meals, so I don't think my baked ziti will work kwim.

Is it bad to pick up a premade rotisserie chicken and make some rolls and sides to with it?

An older couple we visit once in a while, the wife just had surgery and dh asked me if we could bring them a meal. I don't know what to bring, my go to is baked ziti, green salad and fresh Italian bread. However, this lady is italian and cooks amazing italian meals, so I don't think my baked ziti will work kwim.

Is it bad to pick up a premade rotisserie chicken and make some rolls and sides to with it?

No, I don't think that's bad. I'd do that.:)

I think the chicken would be nice. For a side dish I would take something like potato or pasta salad so they can just grab and eat. I also love those little frozen balls of bread dough for rolls. You could make a small dish of honey butter to go with them too. I am sure anything you do will be appreciated:).