Menu

River Walk lodging question

We are hoping to come to San Antonio later this month. Probably only staying three days.:(

We were thinking of staying on the RiverWalk. Finding a hotel in a place you have never been is a little difficult sometimes. I know we have board members who have been there or live nearby.

So, what is your hotel recommendation? There will be three people: me, dh and ds17. We don't want expensive, but would like decent.

Thanks!!

First of all, you will LOVE the Riverwalk and do not miss the Alamo experience at the history shop across the street (it is connected to the same area) http://www.thehistoryshop.com/cms.php?id_cms=7

We live here now but when we came to house hunt I went to Priceline and did the Name Your Own price feature on the area that encompassed the Riverwalk. We got a great rate - we were booked in the Marriott and had a balcony room that overlooked the Riverwalk. I can't guarantee that exact experience but we were pleased.

If you get an actual "on the riverwalk" hotel I don't think any of them are bad. There are some gorgeous historic and boutique hotels also.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me :)

IHTH