Menu

Any ideas on high school Spanish?

Dd15 has a pretty full plate this year with her taking certain core classes with our high school co-op. She had hoped to do Spanish independently this year, as she couldn't take the Spanish class through the co-op this year due to a conflict of schedule. She was hoping to learn independently this year and take Spanish II with her friends next year.

She has been using a Spanish text but, frankly, without outside accountability and extra explanations it is just not getting done. I would love to do something like The Potters School but just do not have the money for another expensive class. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a video course or something with extra explanations to help her along?

thanks!

Beck

Thank you, ladies! Getting Started with Spanish is actually to book she is using (I couldn't remember the name when I posted:001_smile:). It's a great self teaching text, but she just needs something else.

I think I'll look again at Visual Link, and maybe try the free trial. How are you liking it? Does your child feel it is childish? I wasn't sure what ages this was for. Also, does it cover grammar? I just want dd to be prepared to go into Spanish II next year.

Thanks so much!

Beck