Menu

AAS users -- Help with AAS!

kareng

Hello hive,

Do I need to purchase the student packets that go with AAS 2 and up or can I get by with the Teacher's Manuals? I have the basic kit that goes with it (tiles, cards). Just looking for ways to save money but only if it makes sense. Figured I'd ask y'all what you thought.

Edited by kareng
ETA - for more clarify

You need the packet. There are new tiles and cards in each level that only come in the student packet. The cards are listed in the TM, but I don't know how you would get around the tile issue unless you want to make them yourself, but personally I don't think it would be worth the effort.

:iagree: unless you plan to make cards and tiles yourself or not use that aspect of the program at all, you need the student pack.

I have purchased the Spelling Interactive Kit. I guess I wasn't clear about that. So I have all the tiles and cards I need for Levels 1 - 7, don't I?

If I do, then I'm back to wondering if I need to buy a student packet for Level 2 (along with the Teacher's Manual)? I am assuming that the answer to this question applies to all the other levels as well (Levels 3 - 7)?

Ohhhhhh... I'm just rereading your replies and think I am just getting what you are saying. The interactive kit doesn't have it all, is what you are saying. That in each new student packet there are new cards for that level? The interactive kit has all the tiles for all the levels but not all the cards for all the levels, is that right?

You still need suffixes, prefixes, and syllable tags from the student packets. They are not included in the starter kit.

Also, you have things like the Silent 'e' book, the word banks, and other such things. Some of it you could easily make yourself. The word banks are NOT in the TM, and it says to study them.

Ohhhhhh... I'm just rereading your replies and think I am just getting what you are saying. The interactive kit doesn't have it all, is what you are saying. That in each new student packet there are new cards for that level? The interactive kit has all the tiles for all the levels but not all the cards for all the levels, is that right?

The interactive kit has neither all the tiles nor all the cards for all the levels. The interactive kit is just a starter set. Each student pack contains new tiles and new cards for that specific level. You would have to have all 7 student packs to have all the tiles and cards. Plus, the packs include the word banks and other booklets that Boscopup mentioned.

The interactive kit has neither all the tiles nor all the cards for all the levels. The interactive kit is just a starter set. Each student pack contains new tiles and new cards for that specific level. You would have to have all 7 student packs to have all the tiles and cards. Plus, the packs include the word banks and other booklets that Boscopup mentioned.

Got it! Thanks folks for your help! :001_smile: