Menu

Baby animals all over!

Dory

I want a red cocker...actually, I really want another red & white parti...but a red would do :D

My Emily had a litter of 9...3 girls, 6 boys. All black & white (although some may have grown into tri's...like their daddy). They were born b-b-g-b-b-g-b-b-g. I miss my Emily.

Congratulations on your household of cuteness :D

I want a red cocker...actually, I really want another red & white parti...but a red would do :D

My Emily had a litter of 9...3 girls, 6 boys. All black & white (although some may have grown into tri's...like their daddy). They were born b-b-g-b-b-g-b-b-g. I miss my Emily.

Congratulations on your household of cuteness :D

Wow that's a big litter! We only have solids around here. I rehomed a couple of parti colored girls once for a friend, but that's as close as we've come to having those genetics on the place. My last male used to throw mostly reds for me. It's a little more of a rarity with this fellow. Good conformation on his though so I'll except just getting one or two reds :D.

Wow that's a big litter! We only have solids around here. I rehomed a couple of parti colored girls once for a friend, but that's as close as we've come to having those genetics on the place. My last male used to throw mostly reds for me. It's a little more of a rarity with this fellow. Good conformation on his though so I'll except just getting one or two reds :D.

Yeah, the litter was HUGE. The first six were born one after the other. The last 3 were after a 4 hour "break" (we think she was carrying them really, really high. She broke her leg as a puppy and wouldn't "accept" a male the normal way, she always sat down ;), so she was AI'd. We were going to breed her one more time, but the vet (who owned the father, and did the AI before) was no longer breeding. So we stopped. Her puppies all went to people we knew really well, and the last two boys went to the same home. The couple couldn't leave his brother...we gave them a two-fer special.

It's too bad you're in Canada...I'd be willing to drive for a nicely bred Cocker. Emily was such a sweetie pie. She was great with kids (and very protective), never had any of the typical Cocker problems with eyes and ears. Although, dh didn't really like her penchant for finding and rolling in fresh horse manure :lol:.

Yeah, the litter was HUGE. The first six were born one after the other. The last 3 were after a 4 hour "break" (we think she was carrying them really, really high. She broke her leg as a puppy and wouldn't "accept" a male the normal way, she always sat down ;), so she was AI'd. We were going to breed her one more time, but the vet (who owned the father, and did the AI before) was no longer breeding. So we stopped. Her puppies all went to people we knew really well, and the last two boys went to the same home. The couple couldn't leave his brother...we gave them a two-fer special.

It's too bad you're in Canada...I'd be willing to drive for a nicely bred Cocker. Emily was such a sweetie pie. She was great with kids (and very protective), never had any of the typical Cocker problems with eyes and ears. Although, dh didn't really like her penchant for finding and rolling in fresh horse manure :lol:.

Lol that horse manure is just soooooo fun to roll in though. I won't breed a cocker with eye or ear issues. I treat them the same as I do any other genetic problems that we screen for. I have looked around for Cockers down there a few times and considered bringing up a boy just to bring in fresh lines. I find too many of the cockers in the area end up overly in-bred.