Menu

homeschooling in italian where to get materials.

Guest italiana

Guest italiana

I live in Los Angeles and I am first generation Italian and have always only spoken Italian to my almost 5 year old, his first language is Italian and he speaks english with everyone else. I read italian to him as well as his cartoons and movies are in italian unless his friends come over then the movies are english.

this is my question. I want to home school him in italian, he wll go to regular school and learn what their curriculum is and i will teach him the same but in italian but i have no idea where to buy the materials. There is an emmersion school in glendale caled Benjiam franklin, I iwsh I new where they get there books.

Whwn ever i do a search on the subject I get info on homeschooling italian language. My son knows the language i simply want to teach him what he will be learning here in school but in italian.

italiana.

I found that for bilingual children, the best materials are the ones used to teach native speakers in their native language, NOT anything geared towards foreign language students. So, I would get my materials from Italy and use stuff that is used in Italian schools to teach Italian children in their native language.

Thanks to the internet, you don't have to travel there, but can buy stuff online, but if you do travel, we found it best to purchase our materials in local bookstores there where you can preview.