Menu

My son's memory

How is it that my son can amaze me with his ability to recall and write down a series of seven tasks given by Nurse Matilda in his WWE dictation, yet when told to get ready for bed, I find him twenty minutes later not pottied, not pajamaed, not teeth-brushed, and surrounded by newly pulled-out toys because he "forgot?" :glare:

Ah, yes. I have one, too. Can recite WWE passages back almost word for word (can't summarize to save his life, but that is another matter entirely) but yet cannot remember that (1) we brush our teeth several times per day; (2) we flush, wash and, when required, wipe; and (3) we have to put on a shirt to sleep at night.

sigh.

When mine was little he could name all of the Pokemon characters and tell you their powers or whatever. Yet all of his little life (well since he was able) there were 2 things he was sent to do before bed - brush his teeth and go to the bathroom. He'd get in the bathroom and forget what he was there for. Really? How many things can you possibly do in there?? :lol:

When mine was little he could name all of the Pokemon characters and tell you their powers or whatever. Yet all of his little life (well since he was able) there were 2 things he was sent to do before bed - brush his teeth and go to the bathroom. He'd get in the bathroom and forget what he was there for. Really? How many things can you possibly do in there?? :lol:

:lol: I cannot count the number of times I've walked by at bedtime and he's just standing in front of the mirror making faces at himself.

Me: What are you doing?!?

Him: um, nothing. Just making faces.

Me: what are you SUPPOSED to be doing?

Him: oops, I forgot.