Menu

Kids visiting granny funny :)

4ofus

Kids began granny visit yesterday. She asked what they'd like to do. All they could come up with was "could we go to the bookstore?"

????

I took them to the bookstore, bought them several for the trip & took them to the library before they left. Their backpacks were heavy with books for the travel portion. Why do they need to go to the bookstore??

Spoke to granny this morning...& there they are. At B&N sprawled out on the carpet reading. Just like home.

I actually had to tell her to make them put their books away if she wants to do something else. Don't let them bring their books out except in the car/their room/evening tv time. Moderate them exactly like video games.

Guess I've succeeded in growing reading children. But I sure have some pruning to do :).

totally relate, my kids go to Barnes & Nobles at least twice a week with Dad, and he takes me once on date night, so he is there 3 times a week.

when we travel out of state, we end up at Barnes & Nobles and now judge a place agreeable for living if the Barnes & Nobles is close enough.

:D

So all Granny has to do if she wants a break is give your kids books!
When we have had a bad day or I need some peace and quiet, I take my child to the bookstore... One new book guarantees me at least 12 hours of silence. :lol:

Kids began granny visit yesterday. She asked what they'd like to do. All they could come up with was "could we go to the bookstore?"

????

I took them to the bookstore, bought them several for the trip & took them to the library before they left. Their backpacks were heavy with books for the travel portion. Why do they need to go to the bookstore??

Spoke to granny this morning...& there they are. At B&N sprawled out on the carpet reading. Just like home.

I actually had to tell her to make them put their books away if she wants to do something else. Don't let them bring their books out except in the car/their room/evening tv time. Moderate them exactly like video games.

Guess I've succeeded in growing reading children. But I sure have some pruning to do :).

Mine would ask to go to the bookstore, too.

Who knew one would have to limit books like television and video games?!

(That said. I do remember being grounded from going to the library one summer because I was reading too much. It was the worse punishment possible.)

I don't think my boys would view going to B&N as a treat, but DS18 is taking DIL there tonight to buy her the newest of her favorites before they go out to celebrate their anniversary.

My parents used to take away my toys and ground me to my room for punishment. They never realized I cared way more for my books than anything else. Hours spent in my room to read uninterrupted by annoying little brothers...and they wondered why I always got in trouble! :lol:

????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: