Menu

12 yrs. after losing sight in his right eye, dh is going to see!

Dh had shingles 12 yrs. ago which attacked the right side of his head and face. He lost the sight in his right eye. Five years later, he had a cornea transplant that with a contact correction gave him a wee bit of sight back. Now tonight, he is being fitted with the latest in vision corrective technology and will have 20/20 vision with the new contact! The doctors fitted him a few months ago with a dummy contact and even then, he could see everything clearly!

He's very nervous and now I realize, so am I. He's going to be able to truly SEE again, Lord willing!

Dh had shingles 12 yrs. ago which attacked the right side of his head and face. He lost the sight in his right eye. Five years later, he had a cornea transplant that with a contact correction gave him a wee bit of sight back. Now tonight, he is being fitted with the latest in vision corrective technology and will have 20/20 vision with the new contact! The doctors fitted him a few months ago with a dummy contact and even then, he could see everything clearly!

He's very nervous and now I realize, so am I. He's going to be able to truly SEE again, Lord willing!

:party: Oh wow! This is HUGE news! Congrats!

:hurray::hurray:

I had shingles on the left side of my face 2-3 years ago. They got all the way up underneath my eyelashes on the bottom, but never actually inside my eye. I remember being so scared they were going to go in my eye.

I am so happy to hear there may be some hope for him. What a terrible thing to lose eyesight to.

I hope it all works out for him and that the new lenses are comfortable.:grouphug:

Hallelujah! Happy for you and for him!

Fantastic news. So very happy for you and your dh. I remember you talking about his eyesight in a couple of threads I posted some time ago.

Will pray for both of you.