Menu

where is the justice in this

Tues dd was backing out of a parking space and hit a car that was parked perpendicular behind her. She went back into Starbucks and asked every single person there until she found the owner of the car and gave the person our insurance info. Okay I am pleased she did the right thing but then yesterday while she was in class at college she came out to her car to find the entire passenger front side smashed it and no note , no other car there, no nothing, a hit and run. Where is the justice, where is the one good turn deserves another, where is the what goes around comes around? What lesson, if any, is she going to learn from this? That people will not do the right thing, that they will run away from their responsibility? So mad (not at dd of course).

I am always explaining to my son, and often to my husband, that my actions define me. I will not let other people's bad actions change who I am or how I will act. I can't control them, but I can control me. No way am I letting other badly behaved people turn me into a badly behaved person.

Most parking lots have cameras today, and their quality is better and better. You should try to get the security video to see the license plate number. I was once on a grand jury that nabbed a hit and run driver off the footage from the plate number as seen on a gas station camera. The DA told us the cameras are amazing these days.

Our personal integrity should not depend on what other people do.

But, yes, it does stink when others do not behave honorably.

:grouphug:

:iagree:Our actions are based on "who" we are or "who" we want to be. Sorry that she had to experience others not doing as they should.

I am always explaining to my son, and often to my husband, that my actions define me. I will not let other people's bad actions change who I am or how I will act. I can't control them, but I can control me. No way am I letting other badly behaved people turn me into a badly behaved person.

This but it really SUCKS sometimes.