Menu

The best way to search area libraries online to find books?

3 Only Children

Interlibrary loan is what you mean, I think. I can only submit an ILL request to my local libraries -- and they do the searching to locate and place the request. I can't actually search unless it is a library in one of the 3 systems I use. There is one system in my area (far from my house) that has some sort of larger network that is searchable, but I have only heard about it from friends. You might find that info on your library's website. Some libraries also charge a fee for ILL now, just fyi.

. I can't actually search unless it is a library in one of the 3 systems I use. There is one system in my area (far from my house) that has some sort of larger network that is searchable, but I have only heard about it from friends. You might find that info on your library's website. Some libraries also charge a fee for ILL now, just fyi.

You were right, there was something right on the library's website for searching! thanks so much.

If you ever find out the name of the larger network I would be very interested in looking at it.

Edited by 3 Only Children

You were right, there was something right on the library's website for searching! thanks so much.

If you ever find out the name of the larger network I would be very interested in looking at it.

Might it be

http://www.worldcat.org/ ?

Worldcat, how I love thy links. :001_tt1:

What? Where is that book I need?

Not even in my state? Despair :sad:

Edited by lcelmer