Menu

Pony tails in womens hair good or bad? One or two?

Tap

Pony tails in womens hair  

1. 1. Pony tails in womens hair

• No pony tails age 18-25
    • Only one pony tail is ok age 18-25
    • Two pony tails are ok age 18-25
    • -
    • No pony tails after age 25
    • Only one pony tail is ok after age 25
    • Two pony tails are ok after age 25
    • -
    • No one should bind thier hair! Free the hair!!!

My hair is past my shoulders a bit. To keep it out of my face, I usually keep it in a ponytail.

I used to see a grey-haired, pony-tailed clerk at the former Marshall Field's store in Chicago who worked in the Donna Karan department and thought she always looked so elegant.

So it's been decided -- ponytails at any age are fine. :D

Pig tails would be too youngish for me, but I dunno, maybe someone who is older could pull them off. I'd have to see a pic.

Here's a question for you. How on earth do you get even get your hair into a braid? I managed to do just so-so braids on my girls' hair, but I don't have the coordination to braid my own hair. Is it braided from the back, or is the hair pulled around to the front and braided where you can see it to braid it? If I could figure it out and it actually looked good, I would wear it like that in public. I think the style is pretty, as long as they aren't sticking out the sides of the head like antennae.

I think it's just years of practice. I always had long hair and as a kid my mom put it up in all kinds of ways. As a teen I spent a lot of time practicing on myself.

I can french braid my own hair in a many different kinds of looks.

It was always pigtails when I was growing up, but I was born in the northern midwest where I always had long braided hair, and raised in Texas where it was shorter and just pulled into 2 ponytails. But it's still always been pigtails if it was more than one.

I still wear ponytails weekly and I'm 39. Low with a pretty hair clip to work and high in a scrunchy on weekends or around the house.

I occassionally do low pigtails (braided, french braided or not) but usually it's associated with Rodeo season and Go Texan Day events. And very rarely is it ever worn in public that way if it's not Rodeo season. :D

Evidently, this thread awakened some tiny rebellious spark in me, because I'm currently sporting pigtails. They look quite ridiculous and I won't be leaving the house this way, but I still feel kind of empowered. :)

Of course, this thread has also made me want a pony.

Lol. I was thinking about doing that, too. :D I wear mine pulled back in a ponytail all the time and I don't guess I have worn it in two pigtails since I was maybe 3 years old. I think I am going to try it now.

I wear my hair pulled back in a single pony tail (not braided) all the time! I don't see why age should matter in how a person decides to do their hair. Most older people have short hair, but that doesn't mean that I HAVE to cut my hair short when I get older. ;) It's my hair, if I want to dye it pink and purple and crimp it every day, that's my choice. :)