Menu

Our potato cannon is up and firing

My son has had such a great time builing a potato cannon....and begging his dad to fire it! He's not allowed to fire it unsupervised, and it's very LOUD but good good fun.

My dad and my son built the water balloon launcher also found in Backyard Ballistics. Wow--is surgical tubing expensive or what!?

That book has been a godsend for my reluctant reader. :)

Have fun!

Oh my! Dh and my sons did this about 2 years ago. The cannon was kind of amazing - but they made it WAY too powerful. Me, being the nagging wife, kept asking dh to take them somewhere less crowded to shoot the dang thing off. Him, being the guy, ignored me. Until the cannon misfired and blew out the windshield on his car.

Hope your experience is more fun and your neighbors don't mind the random potato growing in their yard next year.

I had posted a few weeks ago that my husband and boys built a potato cannon they saw in a book called "Backyard Ballistics." I've got to say, this thing is pretty awesome! If you've got boys that love stuff like this, you should try it.

Sounds like great fun! We want pictures!!

Oh my! Dh and my sons did this about 2 years ago. The cannon was kind of amazing - but they made it WAY too powerful. Me, being the nagging wife, kept asking dh to take them somewhere less crowded to shoot the dang thing off. Him, being the guy, ignored me. Until the cannon misfired and blew out the windshield on his car.

Hope your experience is more fun and your neighbors don't mind the random potato growing in their yard next year.

I'm sorry, I'm trying not to laugh too much at your post. That just sounds like something that would happen to us. Anyway, thanks for the late night chuckle!!