Menu

Do you have a blog?

Yes, it only has a couple of followers and is set up so that you can only join by an invite. I post stuff on our travels, on dd and on books that I have been reading. i think mostly it is down to my mom reading it sometimes. It ends up being more of a journal that I can post pictures with. I had hoped more of our family would get into it when we were traveling but no one wanted to take the 10 or 15 minutes to learn how to follow a blog. Mostly I posts thoughts on the books that I read and make some assessment as to whether I think it will be of any value in the future for dd to read.

I do. I started to keep track of what we're doing in school. Last year a friend of mine blogged about what her kids were doing in their homeschool and inputted each week into some program and had a professional book printed -- kind of like a yearbook/keepsake for them. I want to do that this year. I'm also blogging about the new art/writing approach we're taking this year.

Yes, it only has a couple of followers and is set up so that you can only join by an invite. I post stuff on our travels, on dd and on books that I have been reading. i think mostly it is down to my mom reading it sometimes. It ends up being more of a journal that I can post pictures with. I had hoped more of our family would get into it when we were traveling but no one wanted to take the 10 or 15 minutes to learn how to follow a blog. Mostly I posts thoughts on the books that I read and make some assessment as to whether I think it will be of any value in the future for dd to read.

So can people only read it if they are invited or if they follow you? Im new to the whole process so I didn't know if you could make them private?

So can people only read it if they are invited or if they follow you? Im new to the whole process so I didn't know if you could make them private?

Yes my blog is private. I don't even offer it to people that I don't know pretty well. I give way to many details out on our family in it. I enjoy going back and looking at some of it and hope that dd will enjoy it as she gets older.

I don't have a blog. I don't have enough time to devote to one, or enough things to say to warrant one LOL.

My sister has a blog that makes her a small income. She started it as a way to keep in touch with friends and inlaws who lived afar, to have an outlet for her need to journal and write, to find a platform to spew her opinions without interruption (comments are fine, she just wants to getitallout first ;)), and to give her a purpose beyond the mundane day-to-day of staying home with little ones. It evolved into a reviews and giveaway blog, and has become something of a quarter-time job - with the benefit of lots of neat freebies and being able to share those with her followers.

I do. I started to keep track of what we're doing in school. Last year a friend of mine blogged about what her kids were doing in their homeschool and inputted each week into some program and had a professional book printed -- kind of like a yearbook/keepsake for them. I want to do that this year. I'm also blogging about the new art/writing approach we're taking this year.

I really like that idea. That would give my blog a bit more purpose.

I have a few!

One details our China trip...hotels, places to visit, how we traveled, recommendations. It is really a resource for anyone who is thinking of taking a family trip to China.

One is a private blog. I use it to update parents of kids who are in a class I teach. I post pictures from the class, links to sites I think the kids and their parents will find interesting, class information, etc.

One is a blog about all the places I love in Bangalore. It is easy to get caught up in how hard it is to live here. I wanted something that forced me to focus on the places I really like.

Last is a blog about modern Indian law. It is more in touch with my professional side. I am hoping that it can reach an audience of lawyers, law students and people just interested in following news about what is happening in the courts here.

I do - I actually have three. I have a private family blog on which I post more personal information. It is invite only.

I have a blog I share with my mom and sister, on which we post about a variety of things including recipes that have worked well, craft projects we are working on or have completed and a lot of gardening.

Last, I started a new homeschooling blog in July but it has a bit of other stuff crop up here and there, like book reviews or anything else that doesn't fit on the other two blogs. It has only a couple followers at this point but I enjoy writing and documenting what we are doing so that is OK with me.

I've been blogging since 2005. :)

I keep one. I started it because I was tired of sending the same story to everyone when we took trips, but it works to keep the inlaws updated on us, too.

Mine's an anything-and-everything blog. I talk about homeschooling, the kids, the market, our trips, my frustrations, my random musings......it's never going to be a blog that gets on people's radar but it's my own little corner of the interwebz where I don't have to censor myself or stay on topic.

I started one because I thought it might be fun, and I liked the idea of recording what our homeschool days were like. I now really enjoy having something to 'do' with our photos :001_smile:. I guess it's almost become a 'photo album' with a storyline. I enjoy writing too, so it means I have an excuse to write a bit too. Almost anyone can see my blog, but people mostly don't seem to bother, and that's fine :D.

I have a blog I started mostly as a way to keep family informed of what was going on in our lives and as a journal for my kids. I plan to get it printed out in book form...I should do this yearly but haven't yet. Ahem. My family lives all over the country and my sister kept a blog and I kept a blog so we kept track of each other's kids that way.

See, I wish I was that organized! I end up taking pictures all year and then throwing them into

. Not as cool as a book, though.

I do, but it is just an address because I don't know where to start. I am supposed to pick a DNN skin, whatever the heck that means. I am so not a web designer

That sounds horribly technical. Have you tried Blogger? It's so simple even I can use it :D.

I do, I started when my oldest was going to Kindy to talk about dealing with food allergies and school. It's evolved over the years and is now a mommy / homeschool / review blog. I love how it's evolved and I love that it's become a part time job and I'm able to make a very small income and score some freebies from it.

I have a blog. I started it, years ago, to keep in touch with family and to let them see what our lives are like- it seemed like they never asked when we were together, so I thought they'd like a peek. I also love to write, and I feel like sometimes I talk my dh's ear off...so it's a place where I can muse out loud about whatever I am thinking about. I've developed a love of photography because of the blog, so I post a lot of photos. I feel like an ambassador for homeschooling, so I try to post about what we are doing, what homeschooling looks like..

That sounds horribly technical. Have you tried Blogger? It's so simple even I can use it :D.

Yeah I don't know. I just need to find someone who knows how to do it. DH does, but I just get this glazed over look when he tries to show me.

So if anyone reading this can help.....:D

I have one thousand ideas and pictures ready to post I just don't know how.

I have a blog mostly so that I can go back and reassure myself that I have actually been doing something all of these years. It is a digital reminder that, yes, we had a lot a of math trouble in 7th grade, 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade, 11 grade, 12th grade then 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 1st grade again, but the older two are quite good at it despite my horrible failures so youngest will probably be just fine. And look despite what dh remembers, older dd was not reading Little Women in second grade, and younger dd is not horribly behind. Look how sweet they were. Look how hard it was. And wow - look how far we've come.

I do.

Mostly to keep track of what we are doing - both so MIL and other family members can see and because my memory seems shot these days so I wanted some way to remember things. I type faster than I write so a handwritten journal didn't work well and I like being able to have lots of pictures.

When I started I actually wasn't sure I would keep up with it but I enjoy it now.

I have a blog. I started this summer detailing our adventures going through Learning to Be a Scientist (newer ones are at the top, it's in backwards order, and the girl called George is my friend's daughter,) and now I post about the extra projects that we do, a lot of SOTW, and things that I think might be helpful for some people. I also post a funny every Saturday. :001_smile:

I started my blog a year ago as a way to keep track of what we do during the school year. My other inspiration to start it was because I got tired of seeing my dh's eyes glaze over when I wanted to talk homeschooling. Now I do it on my blog. :D

:lol: My blog is how dh learns what we did. He doesn't remember all the things I tell him, but he remembers the things I write about that he reads. :001_rolleyes: