Menu

Homeworked out of afterschooling for dd...

Homeworked out of afterschooling...or maybe aged out of afterschooling....

It finally happened. DD is in 8th grade and in advanced math, ss, and la. Dancing 4 days/week plush the intense homework required for advanced social studies and language arts has finally put the kabash on afterschooling. DD's "afterschooling" will now be solely about time management, study skills, and homework support. :(

On the other hand, her classes have finally become more challenging....

well...my 6th grader is doing all honors plus prealgebra. We are done with afterschooling with her.

My 4th grader is in a gifted class getting enough challenging work...but....I am still able to add some IEW. That is my main focus right now. I probably will add some math in once we get into the routine. BUT....right now I understand!

:001_smile: Im sure she is happy!

Homeworked out of afterschooling...or maybe aged out of afterschooling....

It finally happened. DD is in 8th grade and in advanced math, ss, and la. Dancing 4 days/week plush the intense homework required for advanced social studies and language arts has finally put the kabash on afterschooling. DD's "afterschooling" will now be solely about time management, study skills, and homework support. :(

On the other hand, her classes have finally become more challenging....

I would hope that all of your previous Afterschooling efforts have laid down tracks for your daughter's current success. :) It is good that her brick and mortar school can keep her brain completely full. That would be my hope for all children.

I have to pick and choose. Right now, dh helps with homework, and I work with 6yo dd. She is struggling in school, and one teacher already has mentioned retaining her in 1st!:001_huh: (We're 2 weeks in, lady!) She didn't do well on their first round of testing, and they test them to death! I figure I should do the teaching and leave the testing to them.:tongue_smilie:

I really want to spend time reading, reading, reading, so maybe it will lessen up some as our routine gets more smooth.

I have to pick and choose. Right now, dh helps with homework, and I work with 6yo dd. She is struggling in school, and one teacher already has mentioned retaining her in 1st!:001_huh: (We're 2 weeks in, lady!) She didn't do well on their first round of testing, and they test them to death! I figure I should do the teaching and leave the testing to them.:tongue_smilie:

I really want to spend time reading, reading, reading, so maybe it will lessen up some as our routine gets more smooth.

WHAT!!@! That doesn't sound right? I would maybe have a conference with her and the assistant principal or principal to just discuss that right off the bat!!

Sounds like she has given up on your child before she has attempted to work with her!! Maybe she has no plans on advancing her? Your DD should be able to learn a lot in 1st. It is a big year between K and 1 that some kids really take off in.