Menu

What to do in Ann Arbor, Michigan this Friday and Saturday?

U of m museums - we like the natural history one ok

Matthai botanical gardens

Nichols arboretum

AA hands on museum

Leslie science and nature center

All are free with te exception of the hands on museum

If you go to the farmers market on saturday morning/early afternoon you can chill and walk around in crowds and see some street preformers. Lately there's been one at the market wearing a wolf mask and playing violin. My ds loves to grab a snow cone from one of the vendors and watch the violin monster. If you do that, zimmermans and the hands on museum are well within walking distance.

Do you mean the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village? That's a little ways away in Dearborn. It is definitely worth going to, but if you're looking for local Ann Arbor museums, we love these:

U of M Museum of Natural History

Kelsey Museum of Archaeology

University of Michigan Museum of Art

There is a Michigan football game at home on Saturday, so traffic will be horrendous:tongue_smilie:. Staying on campus and walking to the museums should actually be pretty quiet. The restaurants after the game will be packed. Just a heads up :001_smile:.

I can't recommend Jerusalem Garden enough, if you enjoy Middle Eastern food.

Do you mean the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village? That's a little ways away in Dearborn. It is definitely worth going to, but if you're looking for local Ann Arbor museums, we love these:

U of M Museum of Natural History

Kelsey Museum of Archaeology

University of Michigan Museum of Art

There is a Michigan football game at home on Saturday, so traffic will be horrendous:tongue_smilie:. Staying on campus and walking to the museums should actually be pretty quiet. The restaurants after the game will be packed. Just a heads up :001_smile:.

I can't recommend Jerusalem Garden enough, if you enjoy Middle Eastern food.

Ug, a football game? Really. Well that sucks. I had totally forgotten about the possiblity of football.

I'm not sure what we are doing exactly. My cousin works/lives at Michigan in Lansing so they are coming over to us and meeting us somewhere for lunch. They will pick the place. Then we figured we would drive over to the Ford museum. I went as a kid, and after reading about Ford last year, then finding out our orders changed, we have been waiting to go back so this seemed like the perfect time.