Menu

Ladies, you are such a source of inspiration and blessings to me...

I posted a week or so ago about how I was having a rough time. I got kind words, private messages, etc. I come here when I just need to take a break from my real world. I love reading from you real moms with FAITH! You inspire me and give me hope. My road has been tough the past few weeks. It was one thing after another and topped off with my 19 year old ds losing his mind so to speak. He was in Florida for the Fourth and decided not to come back to South Carolina. I guess that would be fine, but he had drove his disabled aunt there with HER car. Then he decided to just not come back! This was so not like him. To say I was angry, would be an understatement. After a lot of talking, we convinced him to come back and keep his MEPS (military enlistment) appointment. Well, my sister ended up in the hospital in Florida before they came back. She is a diabetic and bipolar with many complications. They did CT scan and found spots on her brain. We spent the weekend not knowing if she had cancer or an infection of the brain or something else. They have since ruled out cancer and seem to think it is some type of infection. My ds did come home with her car and kept his appointment. He is there now - possibly enlisting in the Army. I have been stressed, in tears and just plain beat up this last week. Through all of this, I have come here and read about your struggles and triumphs. I have read quoted scripture from some of you. I am not the best at scripture and knowing what is where, but I have been taking comfort in your words. So, I wanted to thank you all for being you. I don't know what is in store my my sister. She believes that God made my ds "lose his mind" because if she were home we most likely would have treated her for low blood sugar and she would not have ended up in the hospital. My mom has 30 years of medical experience and my dad was a brittle diabetic as well. My sister is bipolar, so when she acts confused or flustered, we generally think it is due to her diseases. Only because her friend couldn't get her to eat sugar, did she call an ambulance, which led to the tests to find that she had a serious problem. Whew! That is a lot to type, but it is just how my life is. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you and ask for prayers for my ds and my sister. They sure need them right now. Thanks!

I posted a week or so ago about how I was having a rough time. I got kind words, private messages, etc. I come here when I just need to take a break from my real world. I love reading from you real moms with FAITH! You inspire me and give me hope. My road has been tough the past few weeks. It was one thing after another and topped off with my 19 year old ds losing his mind so to speak. He was in Florida for the Fourth and decided not to come back to South Carolina. I guess that would be fine, but he had drove his disabled aunt there with HER car. Then he decided to just not come back! This was so not like him. To say I was angry, would be an understatement. After a lot of talking, we convinced him to come back and keep his MEPS (military enlistment) appointment. Well, my sister ended up in the hospital in Florida before they came back. She is a diabetic and bipolar with many complications. They did CT scan and found spots on her brain. We spent the weekend not knowing if she had cancer or an infection of the brain or something else. They have since ruled out cancer and seem to think it is some type of infection. My ds did come home with her car and kept his appointment. He is there now - possibly enlisting in the Army. I have been stressed, in tears and just plain beat up this last week. Through all of this, I have come here and read about your struggles and triumphs. I have read quoted scripture from some of you. I am not the best at scripture and knowing what is where, but I have been taking comfort in your words. So, I wanted to thank you all for being you. I don't know what is in store my my sister. She believes that God made my ds "lose his mind" because if she were home we most likely would have treated her for low blood sugar and she would not have ended up in the hospital. My mom has 30 years of medical experience and my dad was a brittle diabetic as well. My sister is bipolar, so when she acts confused or flustered, we generally think it is due to her diseases. Only because her friend couldn't get her to eat sugar, did she call an ambulance, which led to the tests to find that she had a serious problem. Whew! That is a lot to type, but it is just how my life is. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you and ask for prayers for my ds and my sister. They sure need them right now. Thanks!

:grouphug: ((Kari)). I sure wish this hug could be more than a cyber hug just now. The wonderful thing is that God *can* and *will* keep watch by your side and be your all in all. Remember, dear friend, He says, "Kari, never will I leave you nor forsake you!"

Trusting with you for Kingdom purposes to be established in each of these things, despite how overwhelming they feel you to in the midst of the trial!!! Sharon