Menu

For fun how many pairs of shoes do you own

How many pairs of shoes do you own?  

1. 1. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-16
    • 17-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61 +
    • None my feet are clausterphobic !

I clean houses for people. One lady I clean for has no exaggeration 65 pairs.

I cleaned for a family of four today and they must have close to a 100 pair (all together).

To me this seems excessive. I own 5 pair. So I just wondered what is the average for one person? For this poll just answer how many pair you own.

Well I suppose it matters what counts.

1 pair running shoes, high quality in use

1 pair running shoes, identical to the ones I currently own - but not broken in yet.

1 pair old running shoes for when I want to do something icky and not get my current shoes icky

1 pair swim shoes

1 pair rock climbing shoes

1 pair bowling shoes

1 pair cross country skiing shoes

1 pair of sandals

1 pair of slip on crocks. (You know those plastic looking shoes)

3 sets of slippers (People like to give me slippers)

2 pairs of dress shoes - use for ballroom dancing classes. One white, one black. This way I have two options for if I ever have to wear them for a fancy occasion.

You said shoes, not footwear so I wouldn't include rain boots, winter boots, winter boots for very cold weather, down hill skiing boots, hiking boots.

So in my opinion I have lots of shoes, lots of footwear. But I wouldn't want to get rid of any of them. It is also not what I think most people think of when they picture a woman with lots of shoes.

Hmmm,

brown knee high boots

black knee high boots

purple snow boots :D

brown uggs

gray uggs (new)

basic black pumps

brown wedge sandals

black slides

pink and blue high top sneakers

white sneakers

black backless sneakers

black crochet look flats

spike heeled black boots (that I never wear)

fleece lined slippers

Evidently 14, although I may be forgetting a pair.

I basically wear my black slides all summer unless I wear my high tops. As soon as it's cool enough out to not look ridiculous, I'll start wearing my boots - Uggs for everyday with jeans, my black or brown ones with skirts.

I also can fit into all my teenagers shoes which would up the number by about 30 pairs, not counting dance shoes.

Edited by dottieanna29

I am guessing 11-16 but they are not all "nice" shoes. Most are very old and I don't wear them but keep them (like my now too small clothing) just in case. Ha!

I wear 2-3 of the pairs I own. All summer I have worn a pair of leather flip-flops with everything and have another old pair of flip-flops I wear outside when taking care of the chickens. I have a hard time finding shoes I like and tend to wear them until they all but fall apart.

I clean houses for people. One lady I clean for has no exaggeration 65 pairs.

I cleaned for a family of four today and they must have close to a 100 pair (all together).

To me this seems excessive. I own 5 pair. So I just wondered what is the average for one person? For this poll just answer how many pair you own.

LOL! This hits very close to home. My mom loves to frequent garage sales and second hand clothing stores. She is particular about what she buys, but she loves to buy.

Last fall I was taking care of her post surgery and I got bored one evening. For fun, I counted all the pairs of shoes in ONE bedroom (she had others in another bedroom). I quit counting when I reached 100 but saw plenty more.

My folks just sold their home and moved into a smaller place. They had an estate sale - planned and managed by the estate sale business. Mom took the things she wanted and left a lot of clothing, shoes, and accessories. She called me in shock to tell me that they had sold over 90 pairs of her shoes :lol: She seemed a little miffed when I told her I had counted over 100 just last fall.:tongue_smilie:

I have an embarrassing number of shoes. :blushing: I love shoes and handbags. My motto is that you can never have too many shoes or too many handbags. I am lucky that I have a knack for finding amazing things at thrift stores and for cheaps. I do not have the budget for designer stuff otherwise, but if I did, I'd probably have even more shoes and handbags.

But still.... it is a little embarrassing when asked for the actual number.

I voted honestly. Thank you for making the poll anonymous.

Edited by Audrey

i'd have to look, but i'm guessing 15-20 pair? that includes all seasons and styles. i really purged like crazy before we moved here last summer, so i guess i would have been one of those women that offended you before:001_smile: my sisters give me their hand-me-downs though, so i get them all that way. i have about 4 pairs of flip flops, 3 pairs of running shoes, 1 pair of super cute ballet flats, a few pairs of boots, a couple pairs of dress shoes, one pair of really fancy shoes, a couple pairs of slippers. i dunno. i only keep what i like now & when i get a new pair, the rule is i give a pair away.

I OWN 6-10.

However, I only WEAR 4 (flip flops, sandals, athletic shoes for walks/bike rides, and my favorite boots) on a regular basis. Then there are 3 (other two pairs of boots and one pair of black dress sandals) that I wear a few times a year. There might be a couple more in there that haven't seen the light of day since who knows when...

Oh, I don't know . . . I'm not that good at math. I'd have to multiply by the number of my daughter's shoes that I wear and divide by the number of my shoes that she wears and find the square root of those which oughtn't be worn for anything but mowing.

I don't know, I'm just not mathy like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, I don't know . . . I'm not that good at math. I'd have to multiply by the number of my daughter's shoes that I wear and divide by the number of my shoes that she wears and find the square root of those which oughtn't be worn for anything but mowing.

I don't know, I'm just not mathy like that.

:lol:

I'm surprised there are people with 60+ pairs of shoes. How do you remember what they all look like? I think I'd forget what all I had and when to wear them. I guess I can just ask my 8yo dd in a few decades because I'm sure she'll be one of you. :lol:

I have 12 I think. I like to have enough variety that I can match any outfit and make a statement if I want to. I have a friend that has around 85 pairs. She has one wall completely devoted to her shoes that are in a large dresser, and her boots that are on special clips on the wall. It's a little insane. Most of them she's only ever worn once.

I'm well past that number. :lol:

ME, too! :tongue_smilie: And that's just MY stuff, not the stuff that really belongs to my sisters but we swap around to share.

I'm surprised there are people with 60+ pairs of shoes. How do you remember what they all look like? I think I'd forget what all I had and when to wear them. I guess I can just ask my 8yo dd in a few decades because I'm sure she'll be one of you. :lol:

I have favorites that I remember, but other than that I have my shoes organized in boxes, photo in front, and shelved by color. Within their color family they are the semi-organized by "type" (boots, flats, heels) but only very loosely. I'm anti-organization but I have a very anal sister who likes to shop my stash so this is how she makes that easier for herself LOL.

I don't have to remember what they look like, just that I want x-color and a rough idea of what type.

I have several sisters who are all about the handbags and shoes. We're all roughly the same size which is fabulous. We have smaller feet so it's always easy to find great shoes at excellent prices. Because we combine our stashes, we're able to buy more and higher quality stuff. They're all very trendy (I'm not) so when something is ten seconds old in the fashion world, but everyone else in the world that isn't an elitist fashionista is still wearing it, I inherit it all my sisters' goodies :D.

My brother briefly dated a girl who I suspect was more interested in my sisters' stash than she was my brother :lol:.

I own quite a lot, but we live outdoors a lot, have a varied climate, and need things for different uses. I have:

Two pairs of flat pumps (for work/best) (3 yrs old)

One pair of patent brogues (for work) (new)

One pair of wellies (rubber boots) (ancient, shared with husband and son)

One pair of walking boots (ancient)

Two pairs of trainers (tennies) (two because I have a hard time finding ones that fit - both two years old)

One pair of casual lace-up shoes (five years old)

One pair of casual ankle boots (three years old)

One pair of kick-ass knee-length boots (work/best) (one year old)

One pair of casual knee-length boots (four years old)

One pair of snow boots (two years old)

Four pairs of sandals (because we used to live in Hong Kong and I haven't thrown them away) (six years old)

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

I'm surprised there are people with 60+ pairs of shoes. How do you remember what they all look like? :

:D I outed myself as a 61+...First off, I counted all footwear (snow boots, house boots, flip flops, running shoes, hiking shoes, water shoes, etc). Its really only 20-30 pr per season (I keep all shoes & clothing that are out of season packed away in tubs- for the whole family) and there are these nifty things called shoe shelves that help you see what you have. :lol: 15 slots each, and I have 2 shelves. Simple as that :) I have dressy/infrequently worn shoes in one section, and regulars in the other.

Thanks everyone for the replies. To the poster that said something about me being offended about people having a lot of shoes. I am not offended. I had just never heard of anyone owning that many pair before so it took me by surprise. My feet are so wide that I usually have to try on half a dozen before I can find a pair that fit. To give you an idea, flip flops are not wide enough for my feet.

2 athletic shoes

2 snow/winter boots, cream and black

2 pair Adidas sandals which I wear as slippers

3 summer sandals (Columbia, black, brown, cream)

2 winter mules (black, brown)

2 dress shoes flats (buff, black)

2 dressy sandals (buff, black)

2 pumps (should get rid of b/c pumps hurt my feet)

Now, don't ask me about earrings! LOL