Menu

What are you using for math in grades K-4?

Quiver0f10

We have had great success with using Saxon a year or so ahead of grade level here. We have used it since K, and next year will be at 8/7 for one child, and 7/6 with another. As long as it continues to work for my kids, I'm hoping to stick with Saxon for a couple of more years at least.

AmeliaB in MO (Laura in MO from the old boards)

As an example, my ds did Saxon 3 in 2nd grade. Eventually, he got more than one grade ahead b/c, at the time (not now) we were doing math year-round, AND I would let him test out of the first 8 lessons each time we started a new book. As long as he got 90% or better, we just moved on. We did all of Saxon 3, but after that with every other book we started at lesson 41. We did *most* of 7/6 then switched to Chalkdust.

1st child - Singapore from K to 7 and still using it.

2nd child - Singapore from K to 2B, still using it.

3rd child - RS math A and B, Singapore 1A, mainly using RS but will transition into Singapore later.

4th child - likely a combo of RS and Singapore but I have a few years to decide :D

MCP with my oldest (mainly because she was coming out of the PS and this flowed into what she was already doing better than anything else) and then she switched to BJU.

My second child used Saxon

My youngest child is using Singapore

Oh, and my special needs son used Math-U-See for some of his years.

We've been around the block when it comes to math, it seems!

amber