Menu

Potential Light...Prayers, pls

I'd like to thank everyone for the support and prayers you've offered to me, Wolf, our family over the last several days. It means a lot to me.

Some things have happened since I last posted.

He's been allowed to resign, so he doesn't have a black mark on his employment record.

Contacted his previous supervisor at my insistance. We'll find out in the next few days, but PS was offered the budget to hire a supervisor. He's going to confirm that, and has committed to hiring Wolf if that happens. As we understand it, as the head honcho, he's the sole decision maker about hiring. He also has another position opening shortly. Problem is, housing in the area is $$$$$ and scarce.

Wolf's also applied w/the company he left to take the job. He left there on good terms, so chances are excellent that they would hire him back.

We've also been able to rescind our 30 day notice, so we won't be homeless.

Something has to happen at the speed of light. If you all wouldn't mind praying that it happens, and FAST, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again.

I'd like to thank everyone for the support and prayers you've offered to me, Wolf, our family over the last several days. It means a lot to me.

Some things have happened since I last posted.

He's been allowed to resign, so he doesn't have a black mark on his employment record.

Contacted his previous supervisor at my insistance. We'll find out in the next few days, but PS was offered the budget to hire a supervisor. He's going to confirm that, and has committed to hiring Wolf if that happens. As we understand it, as the head honcho, he's the sole decision maker about hiring. He also has another position opening shortly. Problem is, housing in the area is $$$$$ and scarce.

Wolf's also applied w/the company he left to take the job. He left there on good terms, so chances are excellent that they would hire him back.

We've also been able to rescind our 30 day notice, so we won't be homeless.

Something has to happen at the speed of light. If you all wouldn't mind praying that it happens, and FAST, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again.

:auto::auto:fast prayers :grouphug: :D

Keep your chin up doll, I really think you guys are going to be able to make something work. I hate to see you all suffering through this, but hopefully there will be something even better on the other side!

Us too. We're just zombies right now. Still can't believe this has really happened.

I've experienced that feeling, and I know how awful and helpless it feels. :grouphug: My husband was fired over a year ago from a company he'd worked for for over 10 years. They were experiencing budget issues, and were cutting folks right and left. However, instead of laying folks off, they were coming up with all sorts of creative ways to get rid of people. Our theory is they were firing folks to make it more difficult to collect unemployment benefits. So, they fired my husband for using Facebook while at work. Not innapropriate stuff, not excessively, but for breaking company policy and posting while he was on his work computer. The supervisor present in the meeting when they fired him (who he was "friends" with on Facebook) posted on Facebook 15 minutes prior to the meeting. From her desk. On the clock. :glare: The whole thing was, and to some extent still is, a huge shock.

However, my husband found a job he enjoys much more than his old one, and with a really great company. It was tough, but it really was a blessing in disguise. Here's hoping your Wolf finds something soon and your stress is relieved quickly!! Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise for your family, too.

Oh, Imp, I know getting the old job back doesn't "fix" everything, but I really hope it works out!

In the meantime, I hope you guys are considering pursing this with the Labour board as Audrey suggested. I don't think it's right the way Wolf got railroaded out like that, and I wish they get their comeuppance.

Praying here, my friend. When we went thru the big employment shock last fall, stunned was all I felt for weeks. Believe me, the other emotions will come.

The verse that I really have depended on this year is Exodous 14:14

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Awesome to hear there's some hope. Honestly I felt sick for you when I read this last night. First, because you're my Canadian neighbor, secondly because I have experienced the shock that accompanies sudden joblessness. it is not nice.

I truly hope things work out for you there. If you ever are thinking about British Columbia's north coast , things are picking up here with a number of industrial projects, proposed and underway. Housing is pretty reasonable. PM me and I'd be happy to give you some links to information.