Menu

Rod & Staff English Question

I'm considering Rod & Staff English for my 16 year old.

What is the difference between the blue books labeled Grade 9 "Communicating Effectively" Book 1 Set and the purple set labeled Grade 10 "Communicating Effectively" Book 2 set? (Both covers say "English 9 & 10"...)

Is there a Grade 11 or 12? I didn't see them on the website...

Thanks in advance,

Amy

Technically, they can both be used for either 9th or 10th, in either order. Most people I know use Book 1 and then Book 2, over 9th through 10th or 11th grade. There is no 11th or 12th grade book. You can use the handbook as a reference for those grades, reviewing as necessary.

Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.rodandstaffbooks.com/item/1-12931-3/

Ds used FLL and then R&S 3-8. He was getting tired of R&S so this year I decided to use The Stewart English Program Book 2 Grammar Plus for a review and we will use the R&S Handbook as needed.

I also own Our Mother Tongue which we may use next year in 10th grade. Ds and I were tired of a full blown Grammar study, even though we did a lot of R&S orally. We'll see how this year goes.

I'm considering Rod & Staff English for my 16 year old.

What is the difference between the blue books labeled Grade 9 "Communicating Effectively" Book 1 Set and the purple set labeled Grade 10 "Communicating Effectively" Book 2 set? (Both covers say "English 9 & 10"...)

Is there a Grade 11 or 12? I didn't see them on the website...

Thanks in advance,

Amy