Menu

27 free **Professional Quality** Classic Audio Books??? What??? REALLY?????

Hunter

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Found this on an unrelated search. Bumping to the top in case there are others who didn't see it on the first go-round. I'm sorry I don't have links for the Amazon books, but the ones below are still free when you "purchase' the free Amazon editions.

Title/Author Apply Credits Price You Pay

The Picture of Dorian Gray

by Oscar Wilde

Move to wish listRemove item

1 Credit $19.59 $0.00

A Tale of Two Cities

by Charles Dickens

1 Credit $27.99 $0.00

Moby-Dick

by Herman Melville

1 Credit $13.96 $0.00

The Wind in the Willows

by Kenneth Grahame

1 Credit $19.59 $0.00

David Copperfield

by Charles Dickens

1 Credit $39.99 $0.00

Gulliver's Travels: A Signature Performance by David Hyde Pierce

by Jonathan Swift

1 Credit $24.95 $0.00

Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus

by Mary Shelley

1 Credit $20.99 $0.00

The House of Mirth

by Edith Wharton

1 Credit $25.19 $0.00

The Three Musketeers

by Alexandre Dumas

1 Credit $34.99 $0.00

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

by L. Frank Baum

1 Credit $14.95 $0.00

Dracula [Audible Edition]

by Bram Stoker

1 Credit $29.95 $0.00

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: A Signature Performance by Elijah Wood

by Mark Twain

1 Credit $24.95 $0.00

Uncle Tom's Cabin

by Harriet Beecher Stowe

1 Credit $24.47 $0.00

Heart of Darkness: A Signature Performance by Kenneth Branagh

by Joseph Conrad

1 Credit $24.95 $0.00

The Sign of Four

by Arthur Conan Doyle

1 Credit $17.49 $0.00

Ethan Frome

by Edith Wharton

1 Credit $13.99 $0.00

Wuthering Heights

by Emily Bronte

1 Credit $23.09 $0.00

White Fang

by Jack London

1 Credit $5.59 $0.00

The Mysterious Affair at Styles

by Agatha Christie

1 Credit $16.07 $0.00

Alice in Wonderland

by Lewis Carroll

1 Credit

$2.09 $0.00

Vanity Fair

by William Makepeace Thackeray

1 Credit $29.37 $0.00

Moll Flanders

by Daniel Defoe

1 Credit $23.09 $0.00

Black Beauty

by Anna Sewell

1 Credit $18.02 $0.00

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

by James Joyce

1 Credit $23.09 $0.00

Tess of the d'Urbervilles

by Thomas Hardy

1 Credit $25.19 $0.00

Jane Eyre [brilliance Edition]

by Charlotte Bronte

1 Credit $31.47 $0.00

The Moonstone

by Wilkie Collins

Found this on an unrelated search. Bumping to the top in case there are others who didn't see it on the first go-round. I'm sorry I don't have links for the Amazon books, but the ones below are still free when you "purchase' the free Amazon editions.

Thank you for your post. You have titles I did not get. I have to go back for them now :).

I ended up getting a membership. This gave me one credit, which got me another free book and a discount on several other inexpensive titles for my little guy. I then cancelled the membership and still maintained all the books. When I cancelled they gave me some cheaper options also but I bought or got free what I want for now. I can always join again when I need more :).

We tried that, but my husband even seemed to think I still needed an audible account? We were confused :)

You need an audible account, but you do not need an audible membership plan. You have to click on "Already have an Audible account? Sign in here." Once you click that, it will take you to a sign in page and at the bottom it says, "Don't have an Audible account? Create one." Click on that page and you can sign in with your Amazon account.

Edited by Oak Knoll Mom

I never ended up doing this because I just could not figure out how to do it without signing up for a free Audible trial. Do we need to sign up for Audible? I'd love to get these!

When I went ahead with it, I checked to see if I needed to cancel a membership and it stated that I had no membership. After I got the free books I received an e-mail offer from them for a 30-day free trial membership giving me 1 free credit towards a book and access to the members' discounts. I used the free credit and got a book and then bought a few inexpensive books (I didn't have to) for my little guy, and then cancelled before the 30 days were up :). Anyway, the free ebooks should not sign you up for a membership but you do have to download Audible on your computer. Perhaps that is what you are seeing and thinking they are trying to get you to sign up for a membership!

Edited by Guest

When I went ahead with it, I checked to see if I needed to cancel a membership and it stated that I had no membership. After I got the free books I received an e-mail offer from them for a 30-day free trial membership giving me 1 free credit towards a book and access to the members' discounts. I used the free credit and got a book and then bought a few inexpensive books (I didn't have to) for my little guy, and then cancelled before the 30 days were up :). Anyway, the free ebooks should not sign you up for a membership but you do have to download Audible on your computer. Perhaps that is what you are seeing and thinking they are trying to get you to sign up for a membership!

Thanks. I'll have my husband try and work this out for me!

Thanks. I'll have my husband try and work this out for me!

You're welcome! After you download Audible, if you have any questions, ask and I can open my account and guide you step-by-step where to look to confirm that there is no membership attached to the account. You do have to put the free audiobooks into your shopping cart, from what I remember, and they will pick up your credit card information from Amazon (Audible is an Amazon company) but they will not charge you. Actually, let me rephrase that! I follow my credit card online very closely. I went into the account and saw a fee in the transactions. It was only for .99¢ but I was concerned in case I started seeing other charges put through. I e-mailed Audible and they assured me that it was just an authorization they got for that amount in order to ensure the validity of the card and that the card is active but that it would never get processed. I checked a few days later and confirmed it :). HTH a bit more.

From the Amazon website:

Audible (www.audible.com), an Amazon.com company, is the premier online destination for digital spoken-word audio, offering more than 100,000 audiobooks, audio newspapers and magazines, radio shows, and original programs.
Edited by Guest