Menu

27 free **Professional Quality** Classic Audio Books??? What??? REALLY?????

Hunter

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ondreeuh,

"After you purchase the ebook, there is a link on the side that takes you to the matching audible audiobook."

I "bought" the ebook & it downloaded to my iCloud reader, but I don't see any link to the matching audiobook. I looked at my order receipt, I couldn't find a link there either.

eta: Found it! Went to audible.com, searched for the title of the ebook I'd bought, and the audiobook was listed as free on audible, so I downloaded it there.

Thanks for posting this!

Edited by yvonne

I got the free books and audio downloaded. I need to download the audible download manager in order to have audio and it won't let me. I am on my iPad if that makes a difference. Please walk me through ;)

Not sure if this will help you, but I downloaded the audible iPhone/ipod app on my iPad.

Not sure if this will help you, but I downloaded the audible iPhone/ipod app on my iPad.

That's what I did to listen on the iPad. Surprisingly, audible hasn't released an iPad version, but the iPhone app works.

Was there a question about downloading to the PC? If you go to your audible account, press download, and audible will lead you through the steps of downloading their software, which is required for downloading directly to iTunes.

ETA: To the pp, we can't listen on the iPad without that audible app.

I used up my kindle storage. All my audio books show up in the "Manage your kindle"..Is there a way to download these files somewhere else other than my kindle (as there's no space) . When I choose a particular audio book, click "actions" --> "deliver to" --> only my personal kindle shows up..

Thanks.

Thank you so much! I'm so excited for these! DD has recently started really enjoying listening to audio books. We've played them before and she's just "eh", but we just finished The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and she asked for it every day at lunch. Personally I can't wait for the ones read by Jim Dale, he's my favorite :D

You can get it free, but that's after paying $7 for the kindle book. Is that what everyone is seeing?

This is what I saw a few hours ago....

I got the book free http://www.amazon.com/Pride-and-Prejudice-ebook/dp/B008476HBM/ but the Audible audiobook isn't showing up as free like the others did.

But this is what I see now. Free ebook, $9.95 audiobook.

ETA: I see now the ebooks have different covers...the ebook that is 7.99 is here. The free ebook (but 9.95 audiobook) is here.

Edited by skeeterbug

My audible account is clearly showing a 30 day trial that will end and I will be charged after the 30 days. I knew this couldn't be no strings attached.:glare:

Sorry to hear that.... mine isn't showing any kind of subscription, trial or not, at all. I got all the free audio with no strings attached.

But I didn't have an account with them to begin with and just signed in my amazon account. Because of that it already had my credit card info.

My audible account is clearly showing a 30 day trial that will end and I will be charged after the 30 days. I knew this couldn't be no strings attached.:glare:

You can cancel your subscription. Before you do, download your free audiobook, I was able to download a $50.00 dramatized Bible with my credit.

You can unsubscribe I promise.

I did that. When I click the download audio I get the "safari cannot download this file" :confused:

Are you going thru the app? You should not be in safari at all by then.

Open the Audible app and sign in using your Amazon credentials - your email and password. Click on "library" and click on a title. It should download to the iPad then.

Thank you so much for this info! I will pass it along! I downloaded every single book and audio companion! We just bought some junior readers at Target from the dollar bin, and although they are abridged, I was still happy to have something. Now I have all of the unabridged versions!!! :hurray: FOR FREEEEEE!!!!!!

Open the Audible app and sign in using your Amazon credentials - your email and password. Click on "library" and click on a title. It should download to the iPad then.

Just in case, here's the info on the audible app. Once you install the app, open up the app to download or listen.

I did not read the entire thread but to those wondering (in case this has not been answered) you can download on your computer also. I have been using Kindle PC for a while now and have purchased many books. I just tried this and was able to get my first audiobook from Audible :).

Thank you Hunter for this :) and a special thanks to my buddy who saw this thread and pointed it out :D. I am not on here very much these days and would most definitely have missed it otherwise.

I did not read the entire thread but to those wondering (in case this has not been answered) you can download on your computer also. I have been using Kindle PC for a while now and have purchased many books. I just tried this and was able to get my first audiobook from Audible :).

Thank you Hunter for this :) and a special thanks to my buddy who saw this thread and pointed it out :D. I am not on here very much these days and would most definitely have missed it otherwise.

I've missed you. I'm glad you saw the thread. :001_smile:

I've missed you. I'm glad you saw the thread. :001_smile:

Hey :seeya:!

Off topic ;)... I chuckled a while ago when I saw you mentioning Carson-Dellosa. You and I always seem to be on the same page :)!

The ebook can just be a gateway to the free audiobook. You can sign up for Kindle via PC on Amazon (enables you to read Kindle books on your PC) or have Kindle books sent to an android phone, iphone, ipad, etc. Once you have a Kindle account set up, you can purchase the Kindle book on Amazon. By purchasing the ebook (even if it's $0.00) you are entitled to a free audible version of the books that are included in this offer. After you purchase the ebook, there is a link on the side that takes you to the matching audible audiobook. You need an audible account linked up to your Amazon account [Audible is now an Amazon company]. The audible audiobook should show up as free in your cart when you follow the link if you are logged in.

Once you have "purchased" the free audiobook, there are a few options for how to use it. I just have audible automatically send it to iTunes. Once it's in iTunes, I can burn it to a disc or transfer to an iPod/iPhone or iPad. I use the Bookmark app but Audible has its own app too. You OWN the audiobook and never have to use the ebook version if you don't want to.

Thank you! Your directions were really helpful.

Question, for you or anyone else who might know:

I followed your directions and got the Kindle app for my Mac and then sent the audible file to itunes. We're planning on getting our kids Kindles for Christmas. Will we be able to transfer the audio books and ebooks to their Kindles later? Or only to Apple products?

Thank you! Your directions were really helpful.

Question, for you or anyone else who might know:

I followed your directions and got the Kindle app for my Mac and then sent the audible file to itunes. We're planning on getting our kids Kindles for Christmas. Will we be able to transfer the audio books and ebooks to their Kindles later? Or only to Apple products?

Any device with an audible app on it, can download the books over and over and over again, as long as you sign into your account with your password. If your hard drive is full you can delete books, and then re-download them later.

Amazon and audible are for old people and dummies. I never buy from Apple anymore. No worries. A&A babysit me. Everytime I break/lose a computer/device, I just download the apps and re-download all my stuff, AGAIN.

4evercanucks, Carson-Dellosa's new prices ROCK! The $1.99 sentence diagramming workbook is a must have for early sentence composition models.

Edited by Hunter

4evercanucks, Carson-Dellosa's new prices ROCK! The $1.99 sentence diagramming workbook is a must have for early sentence composition models.

I have that in my wishlist. We recently purchased and are currently working on the Spotlight on Reading books. Have you seen those? I have quite a few I want to get for my little guy too. Did you download the Learning Spot Library? I did yesterday and ended up with a free interactive book. I chose the grade 3 book on the Human Body. PM me if you want the e-mail and I can send it to you. I should have your e-mail address somewhere :). You should be able to find the offer in their website also.

ETA: It is actually an interactive unit, I got free (curriculum).

Edited by Guest

Any device with an audible app on it, can download the books over and over and over again, as long as you sign into your account with your password. If your hard drive is full you can delete books, and then re-download them later.

Amazon and audible are for old people and dummies. I never buy from Apple anymore. No worries. A&A babysit me. Everytime I break/lose a computer/device, I just download the apps and re-download all my stuff, AGAIN.

Thanks!

I'm having trouble with my computer and itunes even authorizing a download right now and am sick of messing with it. But I won't worry about it right now then, since they're in my Audible account.

No, I wa not. Thank you, my head is not on straight this week! :001_smile: