Menu

WWE-Strong Fundamentals

Pen

The text just has samples for a few weeks out of each year and then tells you what kind of passages to look for (series commas, capitalized names, titles of respect, etc.). The workbooks have the passages, questions, copywork/dictation, narration prompts, and writing space in them.

You need one or the other, not both.

I accidentally ordered the book when we started with WWE. Thought I was ordering the workbook. I meant to send it back but forgot and ran past the return window so it sits on my shelf. I'm surprised how many times I have referred to it even though we are using the workbook. So I don't think it is a complete waste to have it. Check your library, they may have it for you to look through and decide whether you want to use it (and put together your own selections) or purchase the workbook.

I accidentally ordered the book when we started with WWE. Thought I was ordering the workbook. I meant to send it back but forgot and ran past the return window so it sits on my shelf. I'm surprised how many times I have referred to it even though we are using the workbook. So I don't think it is a complete waste to have it. Check your library, they may have it for you to look through and decide whether you want to use it (and put together your own selections) or purchase the workbook.

I have both also, but I did most of WWE1 without it, and the only extra I needed was the lecture you can purchase for $2.99, which explains the method.

It sounded like the OP wanted to save money, and I think the instructor text is not necessary if you're doing the workbook. :)

It sounded like the OP wanted to save money, and I think the instructor text is not necessary if you're doing the workbook. :)

:iagree: If you want to save money and don't want to select passages yourself, just get the workbook. You can even get a pdf version from Peacehill Press if you want to save a little more.

I am using just the workbook with both my kids and each of them uses a composition book that has the appropriate lined paper in it for them and there are 200 pages so that should be enough for the whole year. This way I am not tearing pages out of the book and making an extra copy AND then filing everything. However, I do not do every single exercise since I use narration in history and we also are using FLL.

I do have the hardcover instructor's text as well and I liked being able to read it to get an overview of the way this system works and where we are headed with it but I don't think it's essential. I really liked SWB's lecture on literary analysis too and if money is an issue, just get the lecture. But like other people, I do refer back to the instructor's text occasionally and I do review the book at the start of each year just to make sure I was on track.