Menu

(cc) Can anyone recommend a lovely magazine aimed at young women?

I am seeking a magazine subscription for dd14 (almost 15) that has all sorts of fun projects in it...sewing, cooking, crafting, etc. that I could use as part of her high school Home Economics course. Yes, I'm late. :001_huh: I had planned on getting the course booklets from Alpha Omega, but it just doesn't seem, well, exciting or enjoyable. Dd is already so accomplished, but she needs something more than just her own ideas. Having a Godly focus would be wonderful. I appreciate all suggestions.

Thank you. I will look at your suggestions this morning. I think my aim is to provide dd with lots of inspiration from pretty pictures and interesting articles about life and home and give her a break from all the heavy subjects she is carrying this year. I had looked at samples of some young people's magazine back in the spring, but it had articles on topics that were rather tragic, and I just want upbeat, happy ideas for this little area of her schooling. Something along the lines of Edith Schaeffer would be lovely. :)

Ooooooo! I think I remember Country Woman. I'll run give a look while the girlies are doing their Latin. :D I did decide to order my younger dd a year subscription to King's Blooming Rose (precious) and the Joyous Home is just gorgeous, but a bit too expensive for me just now. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions~