Menu

23 Years ago today...

Yeah, it's one of "those" threads.

Ds turns 23 today. Hard to believe.

I am so proud of the fine young man he has become.

This is a young man (keep wanting to say Kid!) who, at 7 years old, went thru a neuropsych b/c we just weren't sure what his "issues" were. Lots of testing, lots of wondering. At that time, Aspergers was a "new" diagnosis. The neuro did not see it.

We were told he'd always need a special classroom. We were told it was like he was a non-native speaker of English, and would always be so. We were told, we were told...

He is a Sr at VCU who consistently makes the Dean's List. He has creative vision, a killer sense of humor, a commitment to the Lord that defies cultural standards of behavior. He steps up and does stuff around the house that needs doing without being asked, when he is home to visit. He has served on mission trips and will continue to do so as an adult. He is well-read (TY SWB for inspiring us to go the Great Books route), well-spoken, and writes well. He has already written a full-length, feature film script.

He will make some tender-hearted, patient and loving young woman of faith an excellent husband, and if God gives him kids, my son will be an awesome dad.

Happy Birthday, Christopher.

Happy Birthday Christopher!

Chris, I know your post was a reminiscing post, but I have to say thank you for posting your son's inspiring story! My son has learning issues, and we are working thought them slowly but surely, and at times I wonder if he will be able to make it into college or live a 'normal' life, but Christopher's story gives me hope. Thank you!

Chris, I know your post was a reminiscing post, but I have to say thank you for posting your son's inspiring story! My son has learning issues, and we are working thought them slowly but surely, and at times I wonder if he will be able to make it into college or live a 'normal' life, but Christopher's story gives me hope. Thank you!

Thanks for posting this. It's inspiring to see other people having beet the odds and defied what others said would be. It helps me refocus on where I'm going with my son.

:iagree: Happy birthday to him!

THanks, guys, for your support and helping me celebrate. He was able to come home for the weekend--dh is driving him back today, his actual birthday.

I wish there was some sort of fix-up your man-child with a wonderful WTM girl board.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA! Oh, ds would kill me if he saw that...:lol:

THanks, guys, for your support and helping me celebrate. He was able to come home for the weekend--dh is driving him back today, his actual birthday.

I wish there was some sort of fix-up your man-child with a wonderful WTM girl board.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:You are HYSTERICAL!!! I am laughing at you cracking yourself up.:lol::lol:

I almost mentioned that. . . my dd20 LOVES film, is very artsy but intelligent in a cute-but-geeky kinda way.

But she would completely KILL me if I mentioned that!!!

:D