Menu

A Sunday Chat

I had the best new dish (for me) at Olive Garden today. It was called zeppolini (little blimps?) They were little donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with chocolate and raspberry sauce. I'm bringing those to our chat tonight. (P.S. we shared them among all 4 of us, including the human hollow leg so I only actually got to eat one.)

Have you had any new dishes (either at a restaurant or homemade) lately?

I also have to unearth my desk tonight. What do you have to unearth in your house?

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

I had the best new dish (for me) at Olive Garden today. It was called zeppolini (little blimps?) They were little donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with chocolate and raspberry sauce. I'm bringing those to our chat tonight.

Have you had any new dishes (either at a restaurant or homemade) lately?

I also have to unearth my desk tonight. What do you have to unearth in your house?

Hi jean! I am using thefresh20.com and have been for a couple ofmweeks. I have made some delicious dinners. Last night was smoky chili lime pasta salad and it was yummy.

Unearth? Hmm. Been working hard at unearthing stuff. Lol. I think my scrapbook supplies are next.

Tomorrow is a busy day for us. School in a.m., then geography coop and hockey for younger in evening. I hope to get to the gym too amd have a run. Trying to keep balance.

Well, I made collard greens for the first time the other day. And I promptly promised my family (and myself) that I would never subject any of us to that again.

Hmm...oh, I also made some coconut/chocolate candy that is so good. (It is just toasted coconut, coconut oil, cocoa powder and sweetener)

I need to unearth my desk as well, but it seems pointless. It never lasts more than a few hours. My desk is right next to the back door AND in the main traffic area of our house. It's just a magnet for everyone's stuff!

My dd Sarah is sick with a fever and upset stomach. Here's to hoping I don't wake up to vomiting tonight.

And, my cat is kind of giving me the creeps. She's an outside cat, and she's standing at the aforementioned back door staring a hole through me. (how's that for random conversation?)

Good evening, Jean! Those little pastries sound delicious!

I've recently taught myself how to make Chicken Marsala. I was developing quite the addiction and it was cheaper than going out to eat. The bonus is that my boys love it, too! I use Emril Legasse's recipe and it's so much easier than I thought it would be.

We've done lots of unearthing things this week. It took my mom, brother and me 2 hours to unearth my dad's birth certificate. We were all laughing so hard and got so excited when we finally found it. It was under the file "Insurance" not "birth certificates". We haven't found the SS card yet. So, I was looking at Dad's birth certificate. Not only are both of his parent's middle initials incorrect, my dad's LAST NAME is spelled wrong. I was shocked! He was born in a farm house and his birth was recorded later in the week.

It got me to thinking. What will geneologists make of this? Have you done any research and found that relatives spelled names differently? Most people think, "Huh. They changed the spelling." I wonder how many typos there are! Yikes!

Oh, and I brought wine and ice cream tonight. I'll share.

I will chime in, altho I should be in bed. I have to get up and water the new concrete driveway tomorrow......5 times my DH says. Not sure how I am going to get anything else done in the house when I am ouside all day with a hose in my hand. :001_smile:

I have to unearth my laundry room tomorrow. I have had my oldest DD and her famly of 5 with us for 10 days. There are towels and sheets and blankets piled high waiting to be washed and put away for the next visit!

The only new recipe I have tried recently was an orange chicken made with Orange marmelade and Russian dressing. It is fabulous.

This week I have to unearth all the junk I've been storing under my bed the past several years. I'm not looking forward to it, but it has to be done so we can put new floors down.

I've tried lots of new food lately, but I haven't actually had any taste or smell since the first of the year so I don't know which was the best. Dh and I shared a blue cheese burger today that he said was the best ever, so I guess I'll go with that. It was from a local pub.

This week I have to unearth all the junk I've been storing under my bed the past several years. I'm not looking forward to it, but it has to be done so we can put new floors down.

I've tried lots of new food lately, but I haven't actually had any taste or smell since the first of the year so I don't know which was the best. Dh and I shared a blue cheese burger today that he said was the best ever, so I guess I'll go with that. It was from a local pub.

Horton, that is horrible about not having a sense of taste or smell. I would probably lose weight but I would find that very difficult.

Everyone - I enjoy vicariously enjoying the excellent tasting food!

My desk is not clear but the piles on it are all current and neatly stacked.;) And I found the checkbook which was the #1 motivation for cleaning the desk to begin with. Now I have to actually pay the bills.