Menu

i know i have to but what would you do?!

near the end of July we went to a large department store and bought a pair of uggs for my daughter. i opened up a charge account to buy them because they said we could save 10% or 15% (i can't remember). Anyway, i never got a bill for them. now, i know i have to call them and tell them...it's been about a month and a half, but i don't want to! I'm going to so don't worry but there is a part of me that says "this store can afford to lose the money and uggs are over priced anyway"..blah blah blah....when i told a friend about it, she said she wouldn't tell them and i know there people out there who wouldn't....just wondering what you would do?

The moral issue aside- I would worry that they did charge me and the account is open and racking up interest/late fees. I would be worried about paying the bill and it probably wouldn't occur to me that the store just never charged me.

:iagree: If you never pay, then they will eventually send it to a collections agency and it could mess up your credit.

… part of me that says "this store can afford to lose the money …

The store may be able to afford the loss, but can YOU afford the loss to your personal ethics?

If you never pay, then they will eventually send it to a collections agency and it could mess up your credit.

:iagree: