Menu

what do you make for supper when you don't know what else to make??

omelets

or

brown some ground beef, throw in a jar of marinara sauce, add whatever random veggies like green beans, peas, cauliflower, carrots, onions, etc. Serve w bread if you eat it (we don't).

or

canned salmon, mix with eggs and spices, fry up salmon patties. For number of eggs use number of cans of salmon minus one, usually. Let the mixture site for 15 minutes after mixing; it takes the egg awhile to soak in.

Another vote for breakfast

French Toast with w/w bread

Scrambled eggs with blueberry cornbread

Potato onion hash with egg

Yogurt with fruit pieces

Huevos rancheros

we had a pasta dish for lunch today and I am sitting here trying to think of what sounds good for supper and I am coming up empty...any good thoughts for me??

I'm a loser in situations like this. In the summer, it's hotdogs for the kids and hamburgers or sausages for dh and I. Add in veggies and there's dinner.

Fall and winter are harder, though I've been known to encourage dh outside to BBQ! :D

Hey, I just saw the suggestion of breakfast food. That works like a charm here, too!

If I have chicken that is cooked or can be easily poached or shredded I sometimes do this.

1 can black beans

1 can Rotel(or less for spice)

1 can corn

1 package ranch dressing mix

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp onion powder

1 tbs chili powder.

Mix in pot, cook until heated, add cooked chicken, and then 1 8 oz brick cream cheese(can use light!) and stir until melted and everything is combined.

It's easy and quick. Everyone likes it, even the baby.

It was originally meant to be a slow cooker recipe, but I have no luck with this and have thrown it together in under 30 minutes if I have cooked chicken on hand. Longer, but largely hands off if I have to cook and shred some chicken.

If I have chicken that is cooked or can be easily poached or shredded I sometimes do this.

1 can black beans

1 can Rotel(or less for spice)

1 can corn

1 package ranch dressing mix

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp onion powder

1 tbs chili powder.

Mix in pot, cook until heated, add cooked chicken, and then 1 8 oz brick cream cheese(can use light!) and stir until melted and everything is combined.

It's easy and quick. Everyone likes it, even the baby.

It was originally meant to be a slow cooker recipe, but I have no luck with this and have thrown it together in under 30 minutes if I have cooked chicken on hand. Longer, but largely hands off if I have to cook and shred some chicken.

do you just eat this then...or is it more of a chip dip or something to put on bread?? Sorry if this is a dumb question. what if I have everything but the Rotel...what can I substitute??

do you just eat this then...or is it more of a chip dip or something to put on bread?? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

We just eat it with a spoon out of a bowl, but I bet it would be good on chips.

http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-cream-cheese-chicken-chili.html

It's not dumb at all, here's a link with a pic. I got the recipe here, but ours looks a little thicker usually.

Last couple of times, I used half a can of Rotel due to spice. Rotel is just canned tomatoes and green chilis, you could add canned tomatoes and a little something for heat if needed, salsa(it would be thinner), or just omit them. It doesn't, IMO, make the recipe, if you know what I mean. It's expendable.

Edited by MrsBasil

Sandwiches

If I have tortillas and left overs, deluxe quesadillas. This means heating up a tortilla in a skillet and piling on cheese, chicken chunks, salsa, maybe sour cream and avocado if we have it.

Baked potatoes

Cobb salad

Noodles with sautéed veggies and shrimp ( frzen raw deveined shrimp added to pan of veggies).

Pasta with broccoli and cheese

Scrambled egg burritos w/ cheese & salsa

Egg drop soup w/ fish, soy sauce, and whatever bits of veggies are available (you cook the fish in the soup, so I keep tilapia or shrimp on hand in the freezer for this)

If I have more time but just no inspiration, I throw canned beans & rice together in the rice cooker with whatever seasonings sound good, try Mexican or Indian flavors, sometimes throw in a can of tomatoes, sometimes make toppings to throw on at the end like olives, cheese, green onions.