Menu

Brag alert - dd's figure skating competition

LMA

Can I just share the big surprise of the weekend? My 7 yo daughter was an area figure skating competition this weekend and she won 4th place (pewter medal) for the pre-preliminary level out of 15 girls. (She was the youngest in the group.)

Then today she won gold for her interpretative program out of 5 competitors at the same level. She listened to a piece twice in a closed off room (away from coaches and parents) and then went out and choreographed a program for the music on practice ice. Then the girls get off the ice and each one performed their program.

We are so proud of her.

Can I just share the big surprise of the weekend? My 7 yo daughter was an area figure skating competition this weekend and she won 4th place (pewter medal) for the pre-preliminary level out of 15 girls. (She was the youngest in the group.)

Then today she won gold for her interpretative program out of 5 competitors at the same level. She listened to a piece twice in a closed off room (away from coaches and parents) and then went out and choreographed a program for the music on practice ice. Then the girls get off the ice and each one performed their program.

We are so proud of her.

The interpretive program really has me in awe. I can't even imagine being able to do it at all, let alone doing it well. Congrats to you and your Dd!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. :)

She went to bed with her trophy and medal. She can't wait to show them to her ballet teacher tomorrow.

Her coach sent me an email this evening that said her program was like jazzy ballet on ice. She was quite surprised that my daughter did well because my daughter only likes to dance/skate to classical music.

The piece was a song from Hairspray. I have never heard of Hairspray by the way.

I just happened to see this. Thank you all for your kind words.

Now the coach wants her to take on more training. She loves ballet and skating very much and both sides have told her that she will have to choose in the future. So we'll just see how things shape up for her.