Menu

Do you use the same hand to brush teeth and put on makeup?

Brush teeth/put on makeup with the same hand?  

1. 1. Brush teeth/put on makeup with the same hand?

• I brush teeth and put on makeup with same hand
    • I brush teeth and put on makeup with different hands
    • Other (please explain!)
    • I want pancakes for breakfast

I'm left handed. Dh noticed that I brush my teeth with my right hand and put on my makeup with my left hand.

I tend to be ambidextrous as I play sports right handed also. I'm wondering if my two-handedness in the bathroom is common or weird. (I also wonder why I've never noticed it before, so it's a slow morning here.)

Poll to follow.

(For poll purposes, please just count the hand you use when putting on the majority of your makeup.)

Edited by ThisIsTheDay2

I think it is common with lefties. I too am left handed, and though I do not wear make up there are many things I do with my right hand. In school I was forced to do things with my right hand, because that was 'the correct way to do it.' I cannot use left handed scissors to this day, so that task is still done with my right hand. Some sports I do with my right hand, but I am right eye dominate too, so that throws things off lol. I am all kinds of mixed up!

I'm a lefty, so I put on makeup with my left hand. But, I brush my teeth with my right hand. I'm thinking my right-handed parents probably taught me that way. I don't remember, but I'm thinking maybe one of them stood behind me looking in the mirror and held my hand to help me brush my teeth, so of course they'd use the right hand for that. By the time I started putting on makeup, I needed no such assistance. :001_smile:

I'm left handed. Dh noticed that I brush my teeth with my right hand and put on my makeup with my left hand.

Hey, me too! Generally though, I've noticed that for tasks needing fine motor control, I use my left hand and gross motor is my right. So maybe I'm left handed and right armed. Maybe you are too. Do you throw with your left arm? When I (try to) crochet, I use my left. Eating and chopsticks are on my left, but chopping and cutting (arm strength, I guess) is done with my right.

Hey, me too! Generally though, I've noticed that for tasks needing fine motor control, I use my left hand and gross motor is my right. So maybe I'm left handed and right armed. Maybe you are too. Do you throw with your left arm? When I (try to) crochet, I use my left. Eating and chopsticks are on my left, but chopping and cutting (arm strength, I guess) is done with my right.

I've never heard of this, but I think this is me! If I'm cutting food for preparation, I use the knife in my left hand. But if I am using a fork and knife (large pieces of meat, for example), then my hands switch, and I use the fork in my left hand.

I eat left handed, and use my knife in my right hand when eating at the table.

I've never considered this before. How strange.

Very interesting about the left handed/right armed possibility. I definitely think you are on to something!