Menu

Cooking a rice dish with broth and Rotel

I'm trying to remember an old recipe I had that was mostly rice and chicken chunks, and flavored with Rotel and Velveeta. I'm thinking of cooking the rice with chicken broth instead of water, and then adding in a can of Rotel and just enough Velveeta to make it kind of cheesy. Do I have to add water? How much should I cook? Is one cup of rice enough with 2 cups of broth and 1 can of Rotel?

One of my favorite easy recipes:

Put chicken pieces in a crock pot (I usually use legs), add one or two cans of rotel, a chopped onion, salt and pepper to taste, and a generous glug of red wine vinegar (about 2 T). Cook for 6-8 hours on low. About 30 minutes before you're ready to eat, drain the liquid from the crock pot and use it to cook the rice (adding broth if needed). Then serve the chicken and tomatoes over the rice. It is one of my favorite dishes and I'm a total gourmet foodie. There's just something about it. I'm going to have to make it tomorrow!