Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 9/9-9/16

I'll be joining in with the weekly exercise check in threads. I've lost a not-insignificant amount of weight (somewhere in the ballpark of 35 pounds) just by eating right and being generally more active in life.

Now I need to add more purposeful workouts in. :D I'm stating my intentions loudly right now so I have something to own up to. :lol:

I'll be checking in later today after heading to the gym. I just do cardio for now because... well... I don't really know what else to do! :tongue_smilie:

I had a good Crossfit workout on Friday and a fast 3-miler (for me) yesterday evening. Today is a rest day so I'm going to enjoy some reading and naptime :)

I ripped my hands like crazy on Friday doing knees-to-elbows so I'm hoping they heal by Tuesday. It doesn't look they will, so I might have to wear gloves if we do any bar work.

I have a 3-4 mile run planned for tomorrow morning.

P90X people.....is there a cheaper way to get the resistance bands to use in place of the chin up bar?

I am not sure what you mean. You don't want to use the B-line bands and go with another brand? You can get bands anywhere such as Sports Authority or Wal-mart but I ended up getting the B-lines (this is before I became a Beachbody Coach) because I didn't like the other brands.

Am about to do Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates.

I'll be joining in with the weekly exercise check in threads. I've lost a not-insignificant amount of weight (somewhere in the ballpark of 35 pounds) just by eating right and being generally more active in life.

Glad to see you posting here and congrats on your weight loss. :D

Today is a rest day so I'm going to enjoy some reading and naptime :)

That's lovely and you deserve it.

Hope your hands heal very soon.

Sunday; 15 mile run

Wow. I'm always impressed by you! :D

82401868151546561_OY7skNv8_f.jpg

I am not sure what you mean. You don't want to use the B-line bands and go with another brand? You can get bands anywhere such as Sports Authority or Wal-mart but I ended up getting the B-lines (this is before I became a Beachbody Coach) because I didn't like the other brands.

Have you tried the bar? A guy at dh's work has it and said it tore up his door frame. From looking at it I'm not sure how that would happen.

Trying to decide between bar or band. I like the idea of the bar and being able to use a chair to modify.

I did 20 min of Denise Austin yoga. No time for more at the moment. I want to get in another session later today. It's hard to get in long workouts at a shot. So I'll see if I'm successful splitting them up. According to the book The First 20 Minutes it doesn't matter if you split your workout up. The results are the same. So, I'm going with that. We'll see how it works. I just need to remember not to eat at least 2 hours before I think I can start the workout.

Well, one good thing about being a home school mom is that I don't have to change out of my workout clothes so that I'm ready to go. ;)

Edited by Kleine Hexe

Have you tried the bar? A guy at dh's work has it and said it tore up his door frame. From looking at it I'm not sure how that would happen.

Trying to decide between bar or band. I like the idea of the bar and being able to use a chair to modify.

I did 20 min of Denise Austin yoga. No time for more at the moment. I want to get in another session later today. It's hard to get in long workouts at a shot. So I'll see if I'm successful splitting them up. According to the book The First 20 Minutes it doesn't matter if you split your workout up. The results are the same. So, I'm going with that. We'll see how it works. I just need to remember not to eat at least 2 hours before I think I can start the workout.

Well, one good thing about being a home school mom is that I don't have to change out of my workout clothes so that I'm ready to go. ;)

I did and returned it. We have a regular chin up bar mounted in our hallway. I used the bands after that. Eventually, though, I am going to get a wall/ceiling mounted pull up station.

Sunday - off

Monday - Jillian Michael's NMTZ - did first four circuits one time through and the last three circuits in their entirety. Each time I am doing this now I am adding an additional circuit in its entirety to build my way back up. I am doing them in reverse order because I HATE that first circuit! :D

Trying to decide if I am going to keep Pump and start adding it back in next week or if I should go with something else. Tempted by Tracy Anderson. Kleine Hexe - please remind me which one you have???? I know you have told me all the ins and outs of this before, but I think I deleted the thorough pm you sent me. :tongue_smilie:

I have the post pregnancy dvd and the metamorphosis series. If you want better instruction then go with the post pregnancy one. Don't worry, it is advanced enough to use even if you are not postpartum. Some of the moves are difficult. It's about 45 min in length.

The metamorphosis series is much more expensive. You do one workout for 10 days and then move to the next level (9 levels total). Each workout is 30 min. The instruction is not as good as in the post natal dvd.

I'd recommend getting the post pregnancy one or her Mat Method dvd (which I do not have) to give you an idea of her technique.

Crossfit today. My hands were much better but we had to do toes-to-bar again! I tried to do them wearing lifting gloves, but I couldn't grip the bar so I just used chalk. They ripped a bit more, but overall, they seem to be toughening up. I loved doing push presses and double unders in the workout. Those are two of my best exercises and helped off-set the toes-to-bar portion.

7 mile run early tomorrow morning.

Crossfit today. My hands were much better but we had to do toes-to-bar again! I tried to do them wearing lifting gloves, but I couldn't grip the bar so I just used chalk. They ripped a bit more, but overall, they seem to be toughening up. I loved doing push presses and double unders in the workout. Those are two of my best exercises and helped off-set the toes-to-bar portion.

You're speaking another language

You're speaking another language

:lol: that's how I feel with some of the beach body and insanity talk.

Toes-to-bar= hanging from a bar and kipping your toes up to touch it. I cannot do more than 1-2 full ones yet. I ripped the skin off my hands in several place because of the friction.

Double unders= jump roping where the rope goes under twice in one jump.

Push presses= Pushing a bar over your head from shoulder height.

I'm just learning since this is only my 2nd month, but it's working for my body, for sure. Dh is a coach, so I knew a bit of the lingo before I started.

Yesterday was my first day training for a 10k with the C210k app on my iPhone. I finished C25k about a month ago or so and now I finally have the courage to push farther. I ended up not being able to finish the last 10 minutes because I found two baby squirrels that had fallen out of their nest onto the curb. I picked them up and brought them home. They were in pretty bad shape but I couldn't let them lay in the street and get eaten by ants. Anyway, i couldnt finish after that. I had to console some of my children.

I think I need a new pair of shoes since my left ankle gets REALLY sore after a run. I think I need something to keep my feet more stable.

Elise in NC

Hi everyone, :seeya:

I haven't posted in an exercise thread in a while, glad to see everyone is still here!

This week:

Sun - RPM (Les Mills Spin) & Yin Yoga

Mon - Weights & BodyStep

Tues - BodyStep

Wed - Break Day!

Today's workout was very, very light. I kept my heart rate low and did not do any of the plyometrics/jumping except for the last track. I am tired today and I blame it on hormones since the tiredness was joined by snappiness and almost crying over silly things. Hopefully tomorrow's break does me good since I have a training session on Thursday and he kicks my butt!

Still dealing with a sprained ankle :glare:

I did 45 mins on the nordic trak on monday and today. I am missing everything else So Much! Yesterday, after the nordic track, my ankle hurt and I had to wear my ace bandage again. Today it seems ok.

I want this to be over! I am missing my barre so much. But, pointing my foot is out of the question, I can't imagine going up on my toes.

I was supposed to get on the Nordic Track this afternoon, but let the kids play outside instead. I will hopefully get another chance after dinner. I know I need to pay attention to my own needs, but they were having so much darn fun. I just thought, this is why I homeschool, so my kids can work hard at school and spend some real time together playing.

Soon, the weather will turn and they will be inside all afternoon.

I was supposed to get on the Nordic Track this afternoon, but let the kids play outside instead. I will hopefully get another chance after dinner. I know I need to pay attention to my own needs, but they were having so much darn fun. I just thought, this is why I homeschool, so my kids can work hard at school and spend some real time together playing.

Soon, the weather will turn and they will be inside all afternoon.

This is when I love my yard and where I live. My backyard is a fenced in acre so I can let the boys run around and not have to sit out there too.

Well, I skipped my Monday morning workout because of a terrible sinus headache.

Yesterday, we had our hour-long horseback riding lesson. I did quite a bit of trotting, and am trying to post. My thighs are sore!

Today, I worked out with my trainer. We did upper body exercises: lots of curls and bench press, etc. My arms and shoulders are already sore, so tomorrow will be interesting! Then I did about 25 min. on the treadmill, mostly fast walking but I did run for a little bit. (I hate running.)

Tomorrow, I'm planning to do some more cardio. I am thinking of trying the Saturday morning yoga class at the gym.

Wendi

Welp, my run was interupted at the track. I got three laps in before a coach started calling someone wanting to know whose "kids" weren't in school :glare: I had to tell her (while out of breath from jogging) they were ours and homeschooled. After that, I told them to come on and ran off the track to the van. They were behaving and just playing on the bleachers. She put her phone up after she talked to me but it already irked me. Our community has a large homeschool community so I don't understand the shock and awe of them being seen on the high school track.

Anyway, we went half a mile down the road and started back our run. I jogged a total of 20 minutes and power walked another 20ish.