Menu

Spanx or?

I've lost 20 lb since Memorial Day. That said, after 7 pregnancies my abs are non-existent. My 20 yo says I need Spanx. My question is, will the cheap knock off from Walmart or whatever work too or will it be inferior? Wear out quickly? I really just need it under cute, clingy t-shirts, tanks, etc. Thoughts? Experience? I am just not much of a girl and have never bought anything like this.

I tried some from Target, but they didn't look as good or were as comfortable as my Spanx. Like you, I only wear them under my more form fitting clothes. No matter how good of shape I'm in,nothing short of surgery I'd going to fix the stretched skin from pg.

I have had two pairs of Spanx for 5 yrs now and 1 pair is just now starting to show signs of wear.

Are you really hot/uncomfortable when you wear them?

Not typically, but I wouldn't choose to wear them if it were over 95 and I'd be outside. I wear them mostly on dressy occasions. The Spanx I have are pretty thin so they don't seem like a full layer. If they are too small, they can be very uncomfortable and nearly impossible to get on. Sizing is pretty important even though they're stretchy.

Not typically, but I wouldn't choose to wear them if it were over 95 and I'd be outside. I wear them mostly on dressy occasions. The Spanx I have are pretty thin so they don't seem like a full layer. If they are too small, they can be very uncomfortable and nearly impossible to get on. Sizing is pretty important even though they're stretchy.
Thanks!

I've been wearing the ones from Walmart for about a year now. I wear them everyday. I've also lost a lot of weight and these help reduce the jiggle and just kind of smooth things over. They're called "Sweet Nothings". I just wear the top that's like a cami. I haven't bought anything to wear under pants.

Thanks to this thread I spent the last hour browsing through the spanx catalogue and placed an order . . .I can't count how many times I've succumbed to the hive peer pressure :).

I can't wait until my package arrives! I have a bunch of business travel to do this fall which will include some evening events. I hope spanx will make me feel as confident as the ads claim :).