Menu

IPAD users - I am LOVING this app for record keeping!!

NikkiMarieLG

I like it too! Like most lesson planning/record keeping products, it does way too much for me. However, it is so cheap that I don't mind all of the extras and might look at incorporating them someday. They've already updated it twice since I bought adding some nice features. The biggest thing is having it on my iPad. My iPad is my school buddy and I'd been looking for an app for awhile.

I don't use the grading function but I keep track of his read alouds and self reads as well as attendance and lesson planning! LOVE LOVE LOVE. and they just made the field trip record easier - you can add the field trip and add the students to it rather than having to add each child sep. :001_smile:

Have you gotten a chance to look at it yet? Please post back with how you're liking it! I'm thinking of buying it next week, even though I have HSTP and use it, lol.

I am still trying to figure out some things- technology is not my strong suit! I'm not sure if it does some of the things I would like it to do. I want to be able to transfer lesson plans from one child to another when they will be studying the same thing (like history, science, Bible). Maybe I could just make a separate "student" for the things I want them to do together. There also doesn't seem to be enough room for a lesson. I am fine with a lesson title, but then I have other things I want to do with that (like other read alouds, map work, notebooking, ect.). The other problem I am having is that I don't want to have a set date for a specific lesson- the OCD in me would go crazy if I got off schedule because we missed a day or 2 of school. I think I will send them an email to see if they can help me with any of these things because it is a really nice app and is a great way to keep track of everything!

I am still trying to figure out some things- technology is not my strong suit! I'm not sure if it does some of the things I would like it to do. I want to be able to transfer lesson plans from one child to another when they will be studying the same thing (like history, science, Bible). Maybe I could just make a separate "student" for the things I want them to do together. There also doesn't seem to be enough room for a lesson. I am fine with a lesson title, but then I have other things I want to do with that (like other read alouds, map work, notebooking, ect.). The other problem I am having is that I don't want to have a set date for a specific lesson- the OCD in me would go crazy if I got off schedule because we missed a day or 2 of school. I think I will send them an email to see if they can help me with any of these things because it is a really nice app and is a great way to keep track of everything!

I've been using the app for two weeks and have planned week 3 using it. I do only have one student at home, so I can't address the multiple student question.

Enough room for a lesson-------for a lesson with multiple parts I just use one line for each. For example, answer questions, do map activity, read pages x-y are on their own lines.

Not wanting a set date for a specific lesson-------I am just using the starting date for the week for everything that I want done that week. We had this last Monday off for Labor Day so all the week's assignments were dated 9/3. This week all assignments are dated 9/10. If something doesn't get done (like this week when it rained every day and we couldn't collect leaf samples as planned) I will just edit that line to change the week.

I do only plan a week at a time because sometimes dd moves very quickly through material and other times she likes to follow a rabbit trail :001_smile:

You can copy the lesson to another student after you've created it for the first one. I am hoping they create a field to add more descriptions for each lesson. I'd prefer just to write in what we accompished or hope to right in the program. For the date issuse, I plan on just changing the date if the lesson doesn't get done on the assigned day. You can edit the lessons easily. It would be nice if the lessons would adjust automatically if you don't get it completed on the assigned day. I learned quickly not to generate too many lessons at once since my plans change often.

Sending them an e-mail is a good idea.