Menu

For fun -- How often is your intuition right?

I have a "feeling" about something (positive), but I'd say 60% of the time, my intuition is off.

I'm getting more and more excited and I feel like maybe I shouldn't get so excited given my intuition track record. :lol:

How often is your intuition right on? What was your latest thing you had a feeling about that turned out to be just what you thought?

My intuition is almost always right. It's kind of strange, but I have friends who come and ask me about things because they know my intuition is very good. I met the brother of a friend one time and told her some pretty disturbing things that I thought were going on with her brother. Three years later she informed me that the things I had told her all turned out to be right. She said she should have just listened to me. When my dh had a business, he used to ask me to show up during job interviews and give my impression of people. Twice I told him that I had reservations about certain people. He hired them both anyway and they both caused major problems in his business. I also correctly determined the sex of every one of my babies very early in the pregnancy.

My intuition is almost always right. It's kind of strange, but I have friends who come and ask me about things because they know my intuition is very good. I met the brother of a friend one time and told her some pretty disturbing things that I thought were going on with her brother. Three years later she informed me that the things I had told her all turned out to be right. She said she should have just listened to me. When my dh had a business, he used to ask me to show up during job interviews and give my impression of people. Twice I told him that I had reservations about certain people. He hired them both anyway and they both caused major problems in his business. I also correctly determined the sex of every one of my babies very early in the pregnancy.

That's amazing! :)

I have a "feeling" about something (positive), but I'd say 60% of the time, my intuition is off.

I'm getting more and more excited and I feel like maybe I shouldn't get so excited given my intuition track record. :lol:

How often is your intuition right on? What was your latest thing you had a feeling about that turned out to be just what you thought?

Does this have to do with baby's gender? I always flip-flopped during my pregnancies and was never right in the end. However, with this little one-I just had the most intense feeling that it was a girl & sure enough - the U/S said so too!!

In general, my intuition is like one of the PP: I know when something is off or up, but just can't put my finger on it most of the time.

Not often enough for me to actually think I have any. :D I'm pretty sure I just bumble through life making goofy mistake after another. After Pigby was born and it was quite obvious I had zero intuition, I just went with the "If at first you don't succeed, try something else!"

Unfortunately I thought I had a very, very good intuition for people until about 3 years ago. We had a series of people prove me very, very wrong. One of them stole about $35,000 from us and I would have told you he would have never done such a thing. Now, I have no idea. It's pretty disconcerting to be 40 years old and realize you actually have NO idea who to trust. :(

Unfortunately I thought I had a very, very good intuition for people until about 3 years ago. We had a series of people prove me very, very wrong. One of them stole about $35,000 from us and I would have told you he would have never done such a thing. Now, I have no idea. It's pretty disconcerting to be 40 years old and realize you actually have NO idea who to trust. :(

:svengo: Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry that happened to you! How awful. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm usually right. I can almost absolutely tell you correctly ... how a specific person in front of me will act.

It comes from years of working customer service LOL. Even now I can tell with 99.9% accuracy just from watching them board, which customers are going to be my fun ones and which are going to be my DYKWIM/PITB ones :tongue_smilie:!

The last thing I was right about ... hmm, well, I work for an airline. I showed up in time to work a flight and sensed right away that my trip would be canceled. We boarded, taxiied, and took off. I was just thinking that my intution had failed me (!it usually doesn't!) when I smelled burned chicken. Bird strike! Turned back around and returned to airport. Ha, I felt vindicated that my intuition was still as sharp as ever.

We sat at the gate for an hour until they found us a new airplane. So I thought, well my intuition wasn't wrong but merely "off" ;). We boarded, we taxiied, we sat at the end of the runway for 30 minutes and never took off. Returned to the gate, sat for another 30 mintues while the mechanics looked everything over, and began thinking - again - that my intution wasn't wrong, but was certainly getting rusty. And then they pulled the plane out of service. There were no more planes to be found (smaller airport), so they cancelled the flight. There were no more flights to be worked (smaller airport ;)), so flight service cancelled my entire 3-day trip.

So my intuition ended up being right, via a very long couple of hours LOL.

Oh, how awful :grouphug:!

I'm intuitive about situations, but entirely too trusting of people (which overrides any intuition I may have about them). I know it's not $35K but I'd rather believe in the goodness of people than to be so cynical that I distrust them all. It might feel disconcerting, but it's the payoff for having a good, trusting heart. Some will take advantage, but that's on them - not you. I'm so sorry you were so betrayed.

I am almost always right about people. I once warned a friend about a *pastor*, she came back much later and said she should have listened.

My mom was once at a mall on a Sunday morning. Her intuition started telling her, "danger! Get out!" She tried to shake it off because it was just the mall on a Sunday morning with families and people waiting to eat. She could not shake it and left. A woman was kidnapped and murdered from that mall that day.

I am almost always right about people. I once warned a friend about a *pastor*, she came back much later and said she should have listened.

My mom was once at a mall on a Sunday morning. Her intuition started telling her, "danger! Get out!" She tried to shake it off because it was just the mall on a Sunday morning with families and people waiting to eat. She could not shake it and left. A woman was kidnapped and murdered from that mall that day.

Yikes!! How awful. Thank God your mom listened to her intuition. How sad for the poor woman who was killed. :crying: I imagine it shook your mom up. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I don't think I've ever met a woman who thinks her intuition is bad. :glare:

Mine is pretty indifferent. I'm especially bad at judging what people are like from first impressions, to the point where I deliberately try to avoid taking notice of my first impression because it's just as likely to be wrong.

No options? 5 out of 10? 10 out of 10?

I used to get stuff right a lot, but since things have calmed down in the lives of my siblings, my parents have passed away, my children are not in trouble, there is not much to play with.

There was a couple I met through my mother and I felt very uncomfortable around the man. He seemed arrogant and very egotistical, but there was something else that just made my skin crawl.

I told my mom I thought he was a jerk and a creep, she was surprised I'd say that. A couple of years later it was uncovered that he'd been molesting his own children and their friends, for years. He had a high profile job too.

I had at least four incidents with a brother who needed my support but he had no way of contacting me at those times. I sought him and found my feelings were true.

It just doesn't happen to me like it used to, but like I said, things have calmed down a lot too. It is no coincidence. I think it is a gift.

I have had feelings about a lot of things that turned out to be right, but I think it is because I am also somewhat cynical. So while everyone else is all happy and excited meeting this person (which to me is way premature), and I think he is a total sleeze, I am honestly rather disappointed to be right. I had a whole incident in the past year that I was rather disappointed by, where a glowing woman wanted me to enthuse about this man she met and all I saw was one red flag after the next. It turns out the reality was far, far worse than I suspected, but I wasn't even remotely surprised. I mean, she eventually was in my couch wailing about how the questions I asked, that she was so quick to dismiss, if she had only asked them, would have revealed a lot. I am starting to feel like an old grandma who has seen it all before. So sometimes I am willing to think well of someone but their behavior makes it obvious to anyone who is not pulling the wool over their own eyes, that a scam is in progress.

And I did bat 1000 on the sex of my kids.

I don't have good intuition.

dh does. He knew when his grandmother died before he was told. He knew the gender of our first two dc, but didn't tell me. He knew something was wrong with our 3rd before birth -- testing had not picked up a problem and dh didn't tell me because he didn't want to worry me. He was actual concerned our son might die. He was wrong about that. He has feelings all the time that tell him what might be the best thing to do now.

I've learned to follow dh. Sometimes I don't and it doesn't work out.

I can tell sometimes when dh isn't following intuition and saying just what he really wants. That's when I won't go along b/c that always takes us down the wrong path.

I have Spidey-sense, I get it from my mother. In some things I never know if I'm right, but in others I'm spot on.

Yesterday during lunch I went to bed for a few minutes. I didn't sleep well the night before. Ds was cooking his lunch and I just knew he was going to tell me someone was here. Aside from the random solicitor no one comes by during the day. Five minutes later ds comes to tell me my dad is pulling in the driveway. They never show up without calling, and he was not expected. I was not surprised though.