Menu

Anyone ever order/sell 31 bags?

I had a FB friend from high school send me a catalog for 31 (I asked her to). I need a good bag to organize hs stuff for my little one while we are waiting on big brother to do his hs connections classes.

I looked at the back and it said something about starting your own business for 99 bucks and you get a lot of stuff. When I used arbonne, I signed up to be a consultant to get free make-up and discounts. Is this the same? What does the 99 bucks really get me, and are there a lot of hoops to jump through? I would be glad to sell it if someone stopped and asked me about my bag, but otherwise I am not the selling type and have no one to even sell to!

I don't sell them either, but I hosted a party for my friend. I bought the organizing utility tote for carrying homeschool stuff around to doctor's appts, Bible Study, etc. I hear there's a plastic bin (can be found at Walmart) that can be used with hanging folders that fits inside it perfectly! I got my homeschool initials embroidered on it.

I looked at the back and it said something about starting your own business for 99 bucks and you get a lot of stuff. When I used arbonne, I signed up to be a consultant to get free make-up and discounts. Is this the same? What does the 99 bucks really get me, and are there a lot of hoops to jump through? I would be glad to sell it if someone stopped and asked me about my bag, but otherwise I am not the selling type and have no one to even sell to!

It's similar to what you did before. The most important thing you'd want to find out is if there are any monthly or yearly minimums, and if so think about whether or not you could meet them. I've sold Uppercase Living for four years now, and we used to have a quarterly minimum which I almost didn't make a couple of times. Now, we have a $600/year minimum and this hasn't been a problem. I rarely have parties (2-4 a year) and don't do a bunch of promoting and yet it's still not hard to meet that minimum. For being a rep. I get 25% commission on sales most months (have to sell at least $100). I'm wishy-washy on whether or not I'm going to continue but since it's not hard to meet the minimum, so far I've kept my foot in the door.

We vended next to a lady selling those. She had great displays and seemed like a good salesperson, but I don't think she made a single sale in 3 days.

I didn't look closely, but it made me wonder if maybe they are overpriced.

I don't do vendor events to sell anything (if I do, great, but that's not why I do them), and maybe the same is true of the 31 gal. Vendor events for directs sales gals are often just to get your name, information, and catalog out there, and maybe to schedule some parties. Part of the reason I do them is because they're fun -- meeting and talking with a lot of people -- although three days would be pushing the limit of "fun" LOL!

I ordered a few products as a sympathy purchase because my friend was hosting a party. The products are incredibly overpriced, and I was very disappointed with the quality. Everything is made in China. It is a typical multi-level marketing company. I find it quite off putting that they use Proverbs 31 ask a selling tactic. Thumbs down.

I ordered a few products as a sympathy purchase because my friend was hosting a party. The products are incredibly overpriced, and I was very disappointed with the quality. Everything is made in China. It is a typical multi-level marketing company. I find it quite off putting that they use Proverbs 31 ask a selling tactic. Thumbs down.

What did you get? I was looking at a 30 dollar tote bag. I thought that was fairly reasonable!

I sell them. I do it because I want the bags and the discount. I don't recruit or do a lot of partiea. It is $200 every three months to stay active and if you deactivate it just takes another $200 when you are ready. I have found the product prices pretty reasonable when compared to the same products in Bed, Bath and Beyond and other department stores. What I love the most is that there is no financial requirement past the initial $99 unless you want to buy the add on kits and the company SHOWERS you with free products. I truly love yhe products and they have helped me become much more organized.

What did you get? I was looking at a 30 dollar tote bag. I thought that was fairly reasonable!

I purchased:

• A backpack with embroidery. I thought since this was $80 it would be of reasonable quality. It felt like cheap, flat vinyl. The left strap began to come off of the pack, the zipper was not completely sewn in, and the embroidery started to fray after minimal wear.

• An embroidered drawstring bag. The material is thin and cheap, not nearly worth the $35 I paid.

• A flat wallet for over $20. The zipper also came off on this one, and the card holder tore. I could have bought something like this at Price Busters for $5.

• I originally like the thermal tote that I purchased. We used it quite often at the beach to store cold drinks and snacks. But the condensation from the thermal lining caused mildew to grow all over the inner part of the fabric. Now it smells bad and is spotted with mildew. I properly cared for and maintained this bag and it happened, regardless. Again, poor quality.

I called the company to address these issues, but found that it was the consultants responsibility to issue a trade-in or refund. The consultant that did my friend's party is no longer in business. I contacted another consultant who beat around the bush, made excuses, and tried to pressure me into having a party of my own. Please. My mistake was buying so much product to begin with.

I have never had a problem getting a refund or return. They do want it to to through a consultant, but I had a good consultant and then have been able to do it myself.

My sister in law had her kindle, ipod touch and cell phone in a cinch sac that she was wearing when she accidentally fell in the lake. Her electronics were fine and her cinch sac held up beautifully. Also, she recently had a zipper malfunctionon her fice month old wallet, and we were able to get her a new one within a week.

I've been a consultant for about 5 months now. Signed up to get the discount to get things I loved cheaper.

Have a love/hate thing going on. I am member of several private consultant only FB groups and see alot of troubling things, quality issues, their consultant-oriented technology is A$$-backwards (meaning their back office side, well and their consultant website kinds suxs too). Things are forever going wrong, so you've got to call into HO to get it fixed.

I haven't made any money, even though I did have several parties...all my $$ went back into product..my own fault, I guess.

I am not a pusher, so I don't like to talk it up to people. Hate the "selling"...haha, guess direct sales isnt' the place for me.

I do love the products I personally use....but don't see anything in the new Fall catalog that appeals to me......actually I see more stuff in the Initials Inc that I love...does that make me a traitor??

I've just cancelled my website (12.95 a month) and monthly flyers (3.00 a month). If I get orders, I can just enter them myself. I might buy a few things for Christmas...then I'll probably go inactive.

Interesting. I guess I will just order a few things. 200 bucks every three months is a lot, to me!

That's why I was glad my company went to a yearly minimum. If I only have 2-4 parties a year, I might not have one in a three-month period and I'd go in to pending. With the yearly minimum, those parties will meet the minimum (even if I don't have parties but just do personal orders and selling from my website, I typically will meet that minimum).

I have seen numerous UL demonstrators say they use the 31 totes to carry their stuff to parties, and love them.