Menu

K-cups rumor

Neither dh nor I really drink regular coffee (I drink Cafe Bustelo and have a stovetop Cafetera for that purpose-I agree that it is a Cuban thing, my Cuban friend in Germany got me hooked on the process, military lives are so complicated), so I buy a variety pack of k-cups when we have visitors. Seems better than half a bag of coffee going to waste. *shrug*

I did use cloth diapers, but I don't see Bill jumping all over someone every time they mention diapers. Did you use cloth, Bill?

Mrs. Mungo have you ever tried cafe Pilon? That one is really good too, it's not as bitter as Bustelo.

Bummer! :(

Oh, I make it like that sometimes too. I strain it through a cloth. I make it like that if I want to add cinnamon or another spice flavor. I boil it in half milk half water with the coffee grounds and whatever else I want in there including the sugar and then pass the whole thing through a cloth into the cup and it's yum! :)

:svengo: YUM! Guess we all know how I'm brewing the coffee tomorrow morning! Thanks, Ibby!

:svengo: YUM! Guess we all know how I'm brewing the coffee tomorrow morning! Thanks, Ibby!

Oh my pleasure. :) Just make sure you use a big enough pot because it boils up quick and can spill over. I usually measure the milk in my mug and then add some water after that. I boil it so that just the water evaporates and the milk remains. Make sure to stir it too, don't boil it on high. When the color of the milk/water is the right strength that you prefer your coffee, take it off the burner and pass it through the cheese cloth or whatever you have. Let it cool a bit and enjoy. I only add about an inch long piece of cinnamon if I make it that way, some fresh nutmeg is good too, but just a little goes a long way. :)

Mmmm..... Coffee.....

I like my coffee nice and strong, but I do own a Keurig. It is easily the most wasteful thing I own (I'm a cloth diaper, cloth napkin, cloth cleaning rags, etc. person). And, I agree, the coffee isn't really very good.

But, it is so much fun popping in those little cups. :tongue_smilie:

Or that it is sacrilegious to treat coffee so poorly.

People you need good coffee, a French press, a coffee grinder, and an electric tea kettle. You guys are nuts. Who wants to drink hot brown water:tongue_smilie:

We've always had a drip coffee maker, but wondering if we should consider a French press. We have a coffee grinder and a good electric tea kettle. We also grind our own beans. How time consuming is a french press?

People you need good coffee, a French press, a coffee grinder, and an electric tea kettle. You guys are nuts. Who wants to drink hot brown water:tongue_smilie:

That's my arsenal. (I am fond of pumpkin spice coffee, too, but my local shop sells flavored syrup, so I can still use real milk in my coffee...)

My MIL gave my husband the Keurig from her office when she retired. He was living here alone for five months while I was selling the house. He had the reusable filter, but he bought some k-cups in a moment of weakness. He was sheepish about it. They went out the second I got here. Reusable or nothing. It's *okay* with the reusable filter if you need a quick cuppa, but it's still a big hunka plastic that's going to have to go in some landfill eventually :glare: I still think it tastes better from the press.

I am surprisingly curious whether Bill used cloth diapers.

You said it!

It isn't just that the Kcups create a shocking amount of plastic waste, but the coffee is lousy as well. Of all the coffee making methods available the pre-ground (read stale) kcups make the poorest quality coffee save perhaps instant.

Yuck! Just yuck! :D

Bill

oh, dear. I adore instant coffee. :001_wub:

I do call it "cr@p coffee" but I sooooo love it.

:leaving:

robin

• 1 month later...