Menu

X-Post Picturing Writing Poems/Pics are up

jujsky

http://jujsky.blogspot.com/2012/09/picturing-writing-weather-poems.html

If anyone is following our Picturing Writing project, the poems and pictures the kids did last week are up on my blog. I'll be posting the ones we did this week within the next couple of days. I'm doing a combination of straight-out Picturing Writing (using a crayon-resist water color technique) and combining Picturing Writing with Meet the Masters. This one is just Picturing Writing, but the one I post later this week will show the poems they wrote to their Monet pictures. We're having so much fun with this!

*I was encouraged to cross-post this. I hope I'm not annoying anyone by doing so :)

http://jujsky.blogspot.com/2012/09/picturing-writing-weather-poems.html

If anyone is following our Picturing Writing project, the poems and pictures the kids did last week are up on my blog. I'll be posting the ones we did this week within the next couple of days. I'm doing a combination of straight-out Picturing Writing (using a crayon-resist water color technique) and combining Picturing Writing with Meet the Masters. This one is just Picturing Writing, but the one I post later this week will show the poems they wrote to their Monet pictures. We're having so much fun with this!

*I was encouraged to cross-post this. I hope I'm not annoying anyone by doing so :)

Pshaw! Go boldly! :tongue_smilie:

I love everything! The pictures, the poems...not to mention the sock monkeys and the cake! :D I will let you know how our day goes when we do this for the first time. Next week, I think!

I've been contemplating a weekly "out-of-the-box" thread for K-8, to give people a place to tell about what they've done that embraces their own family's quirks and preferences. I think stuff like this is the privilege of homeschooling. Why don't we all do it more?!

Kudos to you and congratulations on your success!