Menu

DGD in ER :(

The baby is in the ER with a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotic prescribed yesterday.

(We are waiting to see the doc so I have a few mins to complain)

Baby Daddy is supposed to have her again this evening so DD called him to let him know we were on the way to the ER and what the baby's symptoms are. His reaction? "Oh, well I guess I'll just stay at work for a bit longer. Call my mom for me."

Not one question about the baby. Not one.:001_huh:

DD, the sweet thing that she is, called his mom to tell her. Her reaction? "Let me know when you get home so I can come get her for the evening."

Not one question about the baby.:001_huh: I am beyond frustrated.

Gotta run. Baby is on her way in.

The baby is in the ER with a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotic prescribed yesterday.

Baby Daddy is supposed to have her again this evening so DD called him to let him know we were on the way to the ER and what the baby's symptoms are. His reaction? "Oh, well I guess I'll just stay at work for a bit longer. Call my mom for me."

DD, the sweet thing that she is, called his mom to tell her. Her reaction? "Let me know when you get home so I can come get her for the evening."

Do tell me that these replies from BD & BD's mom have been written down in the notebook your dd is now keeping documenting every interaction WRT to dgd.

:grouphug: i know this just puts more stress on everyone.

Also, if you can, start doing more texting and keeping printed copies of the texts. There is no he said: she said in texts and emails.

But you also have to think about what your goal is:

you cannot MAKE him love his child.

all you really can do is try to midagate (sp?) the damage the child feels or receives.

Do want him out of the child's life? probably not.

Do you want the father to REALIZE he wants less time with the child? perhaps.

Why does this relationship seem so full of anger?

This will be going on for many years--- try to figure out what you want and what the father wants and reach that understanding.

:iagree: lots of wise words here.

:grouphug: I hope DGD gets better quickly. Allergic reactions are so scary!. :grouphug:

Update on DGD:

The ER doc didn't think it was a reaction to the antibiotic.

The rash faded while we were in the waiting room and then flared up even worse than before while we were in the treatment room.

The doc told us it might be a viral something-or-other or a reaction to an environmental stimulus. His advice: discontinue the antibiotic, let DGD rest and try to heal naturally for a couple of days and see what the rash does, if necessary return to the ER.

Problems encountered: DD couldn't tell them what baby daddy fed the baby or what they wash her clothes in; baby daddy did not answer his phone while we were there so the doc couldn't speak with him

Today the rash has flared three or four times. I am at my wit's end trying to figure out a correlation with the environment.

Update on DGD:

The ER doc didn't think it was a reaction to the antibiotic.

The rash faded while we were in the waiting room and then flared up even worse than before while we were in the treatment room.

The doc told us it might be a viral something-or-other or a reaction to an environmental stimulus. His advice: discontinue the antibiotic, let DGD rest and try to heal naturally for a couple of days and see what the rash does, if necessary return to the ER.

Problems encountered: DD couldn't tell them what baby daddy fed the baby or what they wash her clothes in; baby daddy did not answer his phone while we were there so the doc couldn't speak with him

Today the rash has flared three or four times. I am at my wit's end trying to figure out a correlation with the environment.

Keep a journal -- write down everything dgd eats and drinks. I know that when i had this happen with dd33 (when she was 18 mos old) it was milk.

have your dd hand baby daddy a notebook and tell him that they have to write down everything the baby eats and drinks, the laundry detergent they use, etc.

I hope you and your dd are keeping written documentation of every single one of these comments and incidents involving the baby's father and his mom.

I agree that texts and emails should be used as often as possible.

Your dd needs to be able to demonstrate that the father and grandmother do not have the baby's best interests at heart.