Menu

What can I substitute for canola or vegetable oil in baking.

lynn

I have used (melted if it's below 76° in your house, since it's a solid at 75° and below and liquid at 76° and above) expeller-pressed coconut oil in baking w/ great success and no taste change. The virgin CO might affect it, but probably not much. The EPCO is cheaper, so I just use it and save the VCO for things I want the coconut taste to be stronger in.

I've had rather good success with substituting apple sauce for 1/2 the oil. I've never tried substituting it all, though, and I don't really think it works well in cookies.

:iagree:

I use applesauce and sometimes yogurt (depends on the ingredients).

I have used (melted if it's below 76° in your house, since it's a solid at 75° and below and liquid at 76° and above) expeller-pressed coconut oil in baking w/ great success and no taste change. The virgin CO might affect it, but probably not much. The EPCO is cheaper, so I just use it and save the VCO for things I want the coconut taste to be stronger in.

:iagree:

This is what I use too.