Menu

Verizon wireless people...

I'm wondering if there is a way to do this. We are a cell phone only family, mine is the home phone/my cell and DH's is his cell. Younger DS's birthmom wants to call sometime to catch up, which is fine. She is constantly losing my number, so every time I just give it to her again.

However, she is just the type of person I don't really want having our phone number. (Not adoption related at all, just...legal issues, drug issues, fraud issues, etc.) Without getting a separate phone, is there a cheap way to get some sort of alternative phone number that still rings to my phone?

She also doesn't have her own phone currently and uses friends' phones when needed - and I don't want our phone number being readily available like that.

Any ideas besides a separate pay as you go phone?

On our plan it only costs $5 to add a phone line (an old grandfathered plan). You could keep one of your old phones on a number that you use for this reason. If you are on the same plan...would it be worth $60 per year to you?

One other advantage is that you always have an emergency back up phone in case someone loses theirs or you have a dead battery.

Set up a Google Voice account (free) and forward it to your cell.
Thanks! I'm looking into that now!

On our plan it only costs $5 to add a phone line (an old grandfathered plan). You could keep one of your old phones on a number that you use for this reason. If you are on the same plan...would it be worth $60 per year to you?

One other advantage is that you always have an emergency back up phone in case someone loses theirs or you have a dead battery.

We also have an old plan, so I will also look into this.

Thanks!