Menu

calling all bakers...I need your help

I want to make a cake for my daughter's birthday. I don't want to make a traditional birthday cake (she will be 12), but I want something that is fun and fancy...but easy. We follow the Feingold diet here, so no brightly colored frostings or artificial flavors please....but fruit, chocolate, and whipped cream are all acceptable. If you can give me a link to something or a recipe, that would be amazingly wonderful!!! thanks.

My 11 dd just requested a cinder cake for her birthday.

On a cookie sheet--

Crushed cookies (we use OREOs), saving a few for the topping, and butter for the crust;

1/2 gallon (1 box) softened ice cream (generally vanilla, but sometimes chocolate or mint chocolate chip) spread over the crust;

then whipped topping;

crushed cookies (from before);

chocolate or caramel drizzle;

chopped nuts (optional)

Freeze this until set (approx. 2 hours).

This carrot cake is one of my favorites. I like the way she frosts the cupcakes. It makes them special but still simple.

This Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake is one of my absolute favorite recipes ever. For all time.

All of her recipes are good. Some are more complicated than others. Check out the "everyday cakes" section under "recipes" in the left sidebar.

This cake looks really yummy, and gets it's color and flavor from fresh strawberries. http://farmflavor.com/strawberry-sheet-cake/#.TyGn5dLsZLk.pinterest

You can grate chocolate and make curls to pretty up an iced cake.

Orange juice can be used to flavor (use concentrate if possible), along w/ zest for flavor and zest can double as decoration on top.

This carrot cake is one of my favorites. I like the way she frosts the cupcakes. It makes them special but still simple.

This Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake is one of my absolute favorite recipes ever. For all time.

All of her recipes are good. Some are more complicated than others. Check out the "everyday cakes" section under "recipes" in the left sidebar.

This website looks awesome! Thank you!

My kids (and their friends) request this cake for their birthdays. The most appealing part is the cannoli filling. We just call it cannoli cake. You can use any cake recipe you like, and easily reduce the sugar in the filling. Make any icing you like because their recipe is stupid :glare: You may have to replace the marishino cherries if you don't eat those, but look it over and see what you think. It's that filling that makes the cake. It's so pretty and deliciously tempting in all those layers.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Lovely-Cherry-Layer-Cake

Ok I don't have a recipe but the first "cake" that came to mind was one I had many years ago. It was just a meringue for the bottom layer then whipped cream on top and fruit on top of that. It was sooooooo good! You could probably drizzle chocolate on top of it all, too.