Menu

Disney Photopass question...

I'm planning to do this, and am wondering if you get more than one card or how you use this (first time). We will be split up sometimes, and I want ds and I, as well as dd and dgs, to be able to have photos done when the opportunity arises. Will everyone in the party have access to photopass?

Thanks!

How does it work if you buy the deal online before you go? (I was wondering about this too. Good chance we won't be separated but still a great question.

They send you a code in your email after you buy it. Then go have a great vacation. After that, you upload all your cards into the system. You have 30 days to upload after they are taken.Are you getting just the CD or the combo with the book? Last time, we ended up with 4 or 5 cards.

I do it all the time! We love it! It's cheaper than buying it after you get home, and it covers ALL photos taken in the park by photopass photographers, dinner packages, and ride photos. You will only receive one photopass plus card for this, so what we've done is to photograph the BACK of the photopass plus card with our phones. That way you can show it to any ride people (after you get off the ride) or photopass photographers that you might run into when your group is separated. They have always been able to scan it from our Iphone. Works great and it allows you to replace it (or sync up your photos with a new card) if you should lose the original.

Just make sure that you get their photographers to take a TON of photos for you. The more they take, the cheaper it is for you. And remember, ONE photo, purchased on your own (minus the package deal) from Photopass is $15.00.

Make sure you purchase this at least 14 days BEFORE your trip, or they will not be able to get you the voucher in time. I always do it a month before we go.

Here's the link that explains more about it: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

Edited by DianeW88

So, I am just trying to make sense of it all....is the only difference between the photopass and the photopass plus the option to get the ride photos and dining photos? I ask because I read the princess dinner we are doing as the photo is included based on the number in your party. Am I not understanding that correctly?

Regular photopass is just a card the photographers hand you in the parks when they take your photo. You can choose to purchase the photos individually after your trip by going to the photopass website and loading in the number on the back of your photopass card. You have not purchased any photos prior to that.

You can also buy the regular photopass CD ahead of time, which does not include ride photos or dinner photos. That's ok, but we always LOVE our ride photos and you can have every single one with the photopass plus. Plus the dinner photos are expensive and I love having those covered already.

Photopass Plus is when you pre-purchase ALL photos taken of your family in the parks, on the rides, or at character meals BEFORE your vacation. You then automatically own every photo taken of you by a Dis photographer already. You will receive these photos on a CD after you return home from your vacation and go to the photopass website to finalize your order. You also get a release form allowing you to print the photos wherever you want (nice if you want copies for grandparents).

Note that you will only receive ONE photopass plus card for your entire party, and that particular photopass plus card must be present at restaurants and rides in order to get those photos (that's why we use the phone photo copy of the card...works great for the rides). You can still get a regular photopass from any Disney photog and link those park photos to your photopass plus account after your trip.

Here are some more websites:

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9081

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/08/27/disneys-photopass-plus-review/ (this guy used Disneyland's version...which is $100 cheaper...but his review is still applicable)

Edited by DianeW88

I can buy the cd beforehand for $120, which will cover everything taken in the park, etc., OR

I can do the plus, which will do all the rides (we have no character meals planned since we are doing free QS dining).

The plus option is $169 bought in advance.

I'm torn because with the ride pics, we could still purchase 3 from different rides for the difference in the price, and with it just being my son and I, I don't know if we would since we'd have so many additional random people in our ride pics. I figured we might likely just buy the best one we take on one of our fave rides, and then just get a cd with all the park pics taken (which I mainly because of 1yo dgs, and of course for ds and I to have some pics taken).

Idk - I wanted to make him a book when I returned home as one of his Christmas gifts, so maybe the plus option would be fun as I would have more to work with.

AAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!! Not another decision!!!!

If you are doing photo pass plus....order TODAY! You must have the voucher they will mail you in order to pick up the photo pass plus card in the park. If you leave before it arrives at your house, you are out of luck...and $169.

We loved photo pass plus! We got so many great pictures!

I am doing just the regular photopass cd option. I've never done it before at all, and since it's just a few of us going this time, and not our entire family (that's next year), I opted for the less expensive option. It'll let us get our feet wet with how it all works before the big trip next year.

I'll let ds pick his fave of our ride pics and I'll get him one of those. We aren't doing any character meals since we have free QS dining, so that was another reason to pass on the extra cost.

I did spend some additional funds adding another night to our trip, so that'll be a bonus!!

My favorite way to get extra Disney cash is at Target. Whenever they offer a "free $5 gift card with purchase", I stock up if it's something I need and have coupons for (feminine products this week). Then, I purchase a $50 Disney gift card and pay for it with all the $5 gift cards I've accumulated. Free money for Disney!!! I'm getting another $50 Disney card this week....with the $5 Target cards I've accumulated and my 5% pharmacy reward card, my grand total for the $50 Disney card comes to $3.50. Woo hoo!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I can buy the cd beforehand for $120, which will cover everything taken in the park, etc., OR

I can do the plus, which will do all the rides (we have no character meals planned since we are doing free QS dining).

The plus option is $169 bought in advance.

Can someone tell me if I am missing something?

When I look at the PhotoPass CD price, I see $169, the same as the plus version.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photocd.aspx#

Can someone link to the $120 price?

Also, how does this differ from the Disney PhotoPass card they send you with your reservation package that says you can use it to capture, view, or share your photos....is it that you cannot print out any photos?

Edited by besroma

• 3 weeks later...
We are heading to Disney World in December and I was wondering if this was available even if you aren't staying onsite. My dd would love some of the photos with Tinkerbell, and I would like to be in a few photos myself instead of behind the camera all of the time.

Cindy

I did not find info for the $120, only the advance purchase for $169.95.

Anyone can purchase Photopass. If you buy Photopass Plus at the park, it is $199.95. The advance purchase is only $169.95.

Here is the link to the $120 deal http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

We did this one last December (except it was $99). We did not have any character dinners. For the ride pics, I just took a pic of the computer screen. Call me cheap, but I didn't think they were worth it. You can get a free pic added from Test Track, but I think that is closed for renovation right now.

I can't remember how long you have once you get home from your trip to activate your card. You do have to order your CD within 30 days from that date I believe. You are able to buy extensions for two different number of days (maybe 5 and 15 days -- it's been awhile). If you want me to check, I can do that tomorrow. Also, all the pics are formated for a good quality 4x6 print. When you go through your pics (within that 30 days), you need to save a new file as a 5x7 or 8x10 (or both) and also each size you want (including 4x6) for any borders or other editing you want on your pics. For example, for one picture, I could end up with 8-10 copies if I made the 4x6's with borders (or any other editing), then I had 5x7's and 5x7's with borders, and the same for 8x10's. If you don't do this on your cd, then you will have problems printing anything larger than a 4x6 in good resolution. I am printing mostly 4x6's for my boys' scrapbooks, but I'm framing a few of the larger prints so I'm glad I did that.

Also, you can ask for a refund (can't remember the time frame, but probably within that 30 days) if you don't like the pics you received.

One last thing, they have magic shots in each of the parks that are fun. For example, Tinkerbell sitting on your hand, cradling Simba like a baby, there is one of Stitch and others. You need to ask each Photopass photographer. They are only done at selection locations around the park and not at night (at least that is what one Photopass photograhper told me). They are fun :-).

Most of all, have a great time.

• 3 weeks later...
for anyone considering the Disney Photopass plus for a trip coming up soon, they have marked it down/reduced the price whatever you want to call it, lol. Right now it is only $149 for the photo pass PLUS if you order at least 14 days before your trip.

Thanks! We did it recently, and loved it.