TeaTotaler Posted July 15, 2008 Share Posted July 15, 2008 Brief Update 7/15/08 I posted several months ago that dhâ€™s company was being bought out and he was looking for a job. He did accept an offer in April and started his new job in Indianapolis in the middle of June. He is currently staying in a small efficiency apt. We listed our house at the end of May because dh was out of the country and we had to process a bunch of paperwork with the new company before it could be listed. We had 3 showings the first week and only 2 more since then. We live in a small town, with tons of houses on the market. Our house is priced fairly but with the current housing market it is hard to predict when it will sell. Given the current situation how long would you wait for a possible sale? I hate the thought of moving twice but we may have to do it. The company will pay for our move so it would be great to do it once. I know folks recommend moving to an area and then buying but dh is already there so it wouldnâ€™t be difficult to get an idea of where we would like to live. All of our previous moves (weâ€™ve had many) involved dh moving 3 months prior to us but it looks like it will be longer this time and that is depressing. With dh being gone, all the paperwork with a new job, roll-over retirement stuff etc I feel like I am shuffling paperwork all day! Ds and I are also trying to finish up some school work that was stretched out due to my health issues. I need to make some curriculum decisions for the fall but I feel like my brain is going to explode. For those who were praying for my ugly autoimmune induced rash - it has completely subsided for which I am so thankful. I did end up with some whip lash problems after I hit a deer with my car (which did end up being totaled) in May so I have been going to the chiropractor twice a week to deal with that. I had severe headaches from a contraption he had to use on my head but he no longer has to use it, whew! I feel so much better after the chiro treatments and Iâ€™m thankful I found somebody who knew what he was doing even though it is a half-hour drive each way. Would you please pray for the sale of our home and wisdom about how to proceed if there in no movement on it? Thanks so much. VH Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.