Menu

New Kindle coming Thursday!

Anyone else excited? Im not getting the newest one, i do want a Kindle Fire since i sold my Keyboard. Do you think the price of the Fire 1 will go down? DH doesnt think so. I hope it does!

Quick question also- If i have my books off my Keyboard but they are still in my Amazon account (when i get my Fire), how do i put them on my Fire?

I got my Fire a few months back when Amazon had them refurbished for (I think) $149, with warranty.

When you go to Books on your Fire, there's a place to choose device or amazon cloud. Choose cloud and all of your titles will be visible with an arrow showing that they're ready to be downloaded--just touch the title and it will download onto your Fire.

Have fun. I love mine.

I got my Fire a few months back when Amazon had them refurbished for (I think) $149, with warranty.

When you go to Books on your Fire, there's a place to choose device or amazon cloud. Choose cloud and all of your titles will be visible with an arrow showing that they're ready to be downloaded--just touch the title and it will download onto your Fire.

Have fun. I love mine.

That's about when I got my Fire, too. I think I paid $139 for mine, but I can't remember for sure. (I probably posted here about it, but I'm too lazy to check on it.)

I'm interested in seeing the Fire2, but at this point, I already have an older iPad, the New iPad, a regular cheapie Kindle, the Kindle Fire, an iPod Touch, and a RazrMaxx phone, so I don't really need another device at this point.

But if it's really great, I might be able to talk myself into it...

I'm such a dork.

The new Kindle just made me completely refigure Christmas... :D

Did you see the new Immersion Reading feature?

With Immersion Reading, Kindle Fire can now synchronize Kindle text with companion Audible audiobooks with real-time highlighting to create a more immersive reading experience, as well as deepen learning and comprehension. Almost 15,000 Kindle books and 15,000 companion Audible audiobooks across a wide array of genres are available.

It's available on all of the Fires. If I understand it correctly, you can listen to the audiobook while it highlights what you're listening to in the ebook. This will be awesome for kids.

They're also coming out with Kindle FreeTime:

Many parents choose to limit their kids' screen time, but doing so without the proper tools is difficult. With Kindle FreeTime, parents can set daily limits for Kindle Fire use, or restrict certain categories - like games and video - while leaving unlimited time for reading.

Yes. Totally changed the Christmas list.

Anyone else excited? Im not getting the newest one, i do want a Kindle Fire since i sold my Keyboard. Do you think the price of the Fire 1 will go down? DH doesnt think so. I hope it does!

Quick question also- If i have my books off my Keyboard but they are still in my Amazon account (when i get my Fire), how do i put them on my Fire?

The original kindle fire is sold out. You will only be able to find used ones.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/08/30/amazon-says-kindle-fire-sold-out-new-devices-next-week/

The original kindle fire is sold out. You will only be able to find used ones.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/08/30/amazon-says-kindle-fire-sold-out-new-devices-next-week/

Yes, but it looks like you'd be better off getting the new Kindle Fire:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-LCD-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B0083Q04IQ/ref=sr_tr_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347136108&sr=8-4&keywords=kindle+fire

$40 cheaper than the original Kindle Fires and it has improvements.

I just got the new iPad and I have only had the Fire for a few months, and now I already want the new, bigger Fire and maybe the new regular Kindle, too. :blush:

Must. Stay. Off. Amazon.

I just took a look as well. I don't know - I have an iPad and and the old Kindle Fire. What do you see in the new bigger Fire that has more than what we have now? It's not enough for me to fork over $500.

I’m slightly tempted by the 4G for only a one-time payment of $50. What do we pay after the year's up? That's my concern.

In the breakdown of costs, Fire HD is cheaper than the new iPad.

According to Amazon:

Amazon worked closely with AT&T to offer the most affordable 4G tablet data package. This 12 month AT&T 4G data package includes 250MB a month of blazing fast data, 20GB of additional Cloud Drive storage, and a $10 Amazon Appstore promotional credit, all for a one-time payment of only $49.99, with no monthly payments required. If you need more data, additional 3GB and 5GB data plans from AT&T are also available for purchase. You can sign up for a data plan right from your device.

I’m slightly tempted by the 4G for only a one-time payment of $50. What do we pay after the year's up? That's my concern.

I'm wondering the same thing, and Amazon seems to be keeping mum about it, which doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Also, I understand there is a limit of how much 4G you can use for the $49.99, and no mention of how much it costs if you go over your limit.